Tri-Clover and hoses

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jgalak

Reaction score
As I understand it, the whole idea with tri-clover is sanitation, not having nooks and crannies where gunk can build up. Which is why folks here say that using NPT to Tri-Clover adapters defeats the point - the threads are not sanitary.

What about hoses? If you use a tri-clover to hose barb adapter, aren't you having the same problem where the hose meets the barbs? Is there a solution for this (other than using pipes for everything, which isn't always practical)?

So what's the recomended procedure? Take the hoses off each time? Every few brew cycles? Something else?

I'm thinking especially of hoses used on the "cold side", for things like fermenter to keg transfer.

Is silicone tubing safe to boil? I'm assuming yes, since it's used to move boiling wort around...

Thanks!

Is silicone tubing safe to boil? I'm assuming yes, since it's used to move boiling wort around...

Thanks!

Yes. It should be safe up to 500F, so you could even put it in your oven.

Back