Tree House Brewing Co.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone else psyched about Curiosity #7?

We’re excited to release the seventh installment of the Curiosity Series, aptly named Curiosity Seven! We used a very simple malt bill to produce a glowing yellow beer seasoned appropriately with our favorite American, New Zealand, and Australian Hops! We taste strong flavors of sweet tropical fruit balanced by a punch of more acidic citrus fruit. A dry finish melds with a burst of lime to finish things out. She’s just big enough to pack a serious hop punch but just small enough to be supremely drinkable. What can we say? We love the Curiosity beers!

Anyone else psyched about Curiosity #7?

We’re excited to release the seventh installment of the Curiosity Series, aptly named Curiosity Seven! We used a very simple malt bill to produce a glowing yellow beer seasoned appropriately with our favorite American, New Zealand, and Australian Hops! We taste strong flavors of sweet tropical fruit balanced by a punch of more acidic citrus fruit. A dry finish melds with a burst of lime to finish things out. She’s just big enough to pack a serious hop punch but just small enough to be supremely drinkable. What can we say? We love the Curiosity beers!

I've never been there on the weeknights. Think there will be an insane line for this? It'd be nice to have some growlers for the UConn football game tomorrow.

I've never been there on the weeknights. Think there will be an insane line for this? It'd be nice to have some growlers for the UConn football game tomorrow.
I don't think there's been any real pattern, it's kinda been hit or miss on how busy it is there lately. I think the past few Thursdays have been the busiest days. Fridays and Saturdays have been better, but then again this is just the most recent trend. But even Saturdays have fluctuated during the day. I went a few Saturdays ago because I heard the line was 20 min around 11:30 or so. Got there at 1:30 and it was an hour and half wait... so who knows. My guess is that this will draw some attention, not sure if it will be to the level of Yarrrggghhh or very green.

SPECIAL NOTE ON HOURS NEXT WEEK The week of September 14th-20th we will be open WEDNESDAY, THURSDAY, and FRIDAY from 5 - 8 PM and CLOSED on Saturday.

This beer sounds amazing:
"GOOD MORNING" - (Imperial Coffee Stout - 8.4%) - A project that began as Imperial Double Shot has matured into a distinct beer that is perhaps our most complex yet! Brewed with Monson’s own Maxwell Road Maple Grade A Dark Amber Maple syrup, Good Morning pours pitch black in the glass with a creamy mousse-like head. The bubbles give way to aromas of rich milk chocolate, cocoa powder, and dark amber maple syrup. The flavor starts as a blast of milk chocolate and sweet maple syrup, as deeper complexities are uncovered as it warms. The crew here at Tree House tastes “chocolate covered maple candy”, “vanilla”, “chocolate cake”, “brown sugar”, and “fresh roasted coffee”. A super decadent treat, Good Morning begs to be shared and contemplated! (750 ML - $11) ** 2 750 ML limit **

This beer sounds amazing:
"GOOD MORNING" - (Imperial Coffee Stout - 8.4%) - A project that began as Imperial Double Shot has matured into a distinct beer that is perhaps our most complex yet! Brewed with Monson’s own Maxwell Road Maple Grade A Dark Amber Maple syrup, Good Morning pours pitch black in the glass with a creamy mousse-like head. The bubbles give way to aromas of rich milk chocolate, cocoa powder, and dark amber maple syrup. The flavor starts as a blast of milk chocolate and sweet maple syrup, as deeper complexities are uncovered as it warms. The crew here at Tree House tastes “chocolate covered maple candy”, “vanilla”, “chocolate cake”, “brown sugar”, and “fresh roasted coffee”. A super decadent treat, Good Morning begs to be shared and contemplated! (750 ML - $11) ** 2 750 ML limit **

Yeah. You going tomorrow? I should be there around opening. Cannot pass up this and Green on at the same time.

Yeah. You going tomorrow? I should be there around opening. Cannot pass up this and Green on at the same time.
Good Morning sounds great. I would love to figure out a way to not work tomorrow and go up for this...

Unless someone from the New Haven/Fairfield county area wants to bring back a 750 of Good Morning for me (trade for 4pk of Weisse Trash?).

I'm in line now, not too bad of a crowd, maybe 15 people ahead of me.
kbtV8zN.gif

Very happy that Good Morning lasted all day yesterday. I was able to get up there right around 5:30 to fill my growlers and there was practically no one there (one guy paying and two other people waiting for their growlers). Can't wait to open them this week.

But I did have a weird experience when I showed up. I asked if they were doing samples. They said yes, they normally would, but they were out of sample cups. Understandable since they were busy all day. One of the staff members said I could buy a tasting glass and they'd fill samples for me... I said I'd buy a Teku and use that. Then it got strange. The woman filling growlers was really hesitant to pour me a sip, even though a few staff members said it would be OK. I didn't even ask for a Green sample because she really made me feel like I was doing something wrong (when in reality I bought a $10 glass because they were the ones who ran out of dixie cup).

I think that she wanted to hide my sample from the other people who were just about to leave. I'm assuming they asked and were shot down (and didn't want to buy a glass for it). Just a very bizarre visit, especially considering how friendly everyone there has been in the past. I was also kind of bummed they made me buy a glass to get a sample. They easily could have just grabbed one of their tasting glasses for me.

tldr - someone tell them to keep more cups on hand and to not act sketchy when they run out

Very happy that Good Morning lasted all day yesterday. I was able to get up there right around 5:30 to fill my growlers and there was practically no one there (one guy paying and two other people waiting for their growlers). Can't wait to open them this week.

But I did have a weird experience when I showed up. I asked if they were doing samples. They said yes, they normally would, but they were out of sample cups. Understandable since they were busy all day. One of the staff members said I could buy a tasting glass and they'd fill samples for me... I said I'd buy a Teku and use that. Then it got strange. The woman filling growlers was really hesitant to pour me a sip, even though a few staff members said it would be OK. I didn't even ask for a Green sample because she really made me feel like I was doing something wrong (when in reality I bought a $10 glass because they were the ones who ran out of dixie cup).

I think that she wanted to hide my sample from the other people who were just about to leave. I'm assuming they asked and were shot down (and didn't want to buy a glass for it). Just a very bizarre visit, especially considering how friendly everyone there has been in the past. I was also kind of bummed they made me buy a glass to get a sample. They easily could have just grabbed one of their tasting glasses for me.

tldr - someone tell them to keep more cups on hand and to not act sketchy when they run out
That is weird, but if that is the worst thing they ever do, I'll be ok with that. I think I am going to try to get up there for opening on Wednesday. Need me some Good Morning.

That is weird, but if that is the worst thing they ever do, I'll be ok with that. I think I am going to try to get up there for opening on Wednesday. Need me some Good Morning.
Agreed. Just made the visit seem off; would have been nice to get samples of both for me and the gf. #butthurtalert Hell, I'd even pay for samples if it allowed them to buy glassware and then wash/reuse it (no idea if they'd be allowed to charge for samples).

Anyway, Good Morning is awesome. You should for sure try to get there Wed.

Yeah sorry about that.... I was actually kidding, I didn't think you were going to really buy one just to get a sample, HAHA! Tons more were ordered, we probably don't want to get in the habit of doing that, but glad you got to sample it and glad you picked some up!!

Yeah sorry about that.... I was actually kidding, I didn't think you were going to really buy one just to get a sample, HAHA! Tons more were ordered, we probably don't want to get in the habit of doing that, but glad you got to sample it and glad you picked some up!!
Damnit. I should have known that was you.

Edit - and come on. If you tell me there's a chance to sample, I'm gonna do it (and I needed a glass anyway).

Sneaking out of work early this afternoon to battle traffic to Monson. Expecting a lot of others to do the same. Hope to get some Good Morning!

Damn. That new apa sounds like a winner.
Congrats to Lauren and Nate.

Jay, what day will be the least crazy? If you could venture a guess

Dean was saying yesterday he wasn't even sure if there'd be beer on Friday, ha! Not sure how much Beneficiaries - which is amazing - was made.

pjs234 shared Good Morning and Beneficiaries of Chance with me last night. As awesome as Good Morning was, I think I was more impressed with BOC. Loved em both though.

Back