Treaded 5G Sankey Kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sfly19

Reaction score
I stumbled on 4 x 5 gallon threaded sankey D kegs this morning. I got a very good deal on them, but I have a couple of sankey D keg couplers that I have acquired over the years and would like to set up another system either for myself or a friend

Couple of problems, first I can not find any information on these kegs. They do not have any markings on who the manufacturer is. Second, I only got two good spears with the setup and one is missing the spring and the bottom connection piece. I have some Bud sankey D keg spears, but they are the slip type.

First question, does anyone see a concern with using these for homebrew use other than the difficulty in getting the spears in and out and cleaning?

Second, any ideas on where I can get replacement spears or parts? I have plenty of items to trade if someone has a couple of these types of spears.

Also if anybody can give me some background on these that would also be greatly appreciated.

5G Sankey D Keg 1.jpg

5G Sankey D Keg 2.jpg

5G Sankey D Keg 3.jpg

I believe Miller kegs have threaded spears. I think I have one, but you might one off someone local that has make a keggle and has the spear let over.

Back