Travelling Through California - Need Pub Suggestions!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KingBrianI

Reaction score
I'm getting married in San Diego on December 29 then roadtripping around the state for a couple weeks. I'll be in San Diego for about a week before the wedding, then after the wedding going to LA to spend a couple days at Disney Land. Then we'll go up to Eureka and slowly work our way down the PCH stopping wherever looks cool. We'll play it mostly by ear. Any must-visit places? Great brewpubs, places with casks or anything else interesting like that would be great. Thanks!:mug:

If you're passing through SF, I'd highly recommend Magnolia Pub and Brewery. They always have really good and interesting beers on tap, including a few (!) that are cask-conditioned. I haven't been there in a bit, but I just checked and they actually have a mild on cask right now - might have to get there myself in the next day or two! They also have really good burgers.

Oh, and congratulations on getting married!

you'll be there right during the Rose Bowl which is a really, really big deal. It would be worth the trip and tickets are not that hard to come by when you're down there. Of course this in Pasadena/LA area on the Jan 1. I'll be there drinking beer and routing the Ducks on

If you stop in San Francisco, stop at The Toronado. It is freakin amazing. Probably about 100 CRAFT beers on tap...its a pretty chill vibe. So many good things to choose from. My wife took me there on my birthday this year and she's not a beer drinker and she still loved it. (they do have a few ciders there as well).

Great info so far everybody! This thread will definitely be great reference for when we are planning on what to do in the cities we stop in. Keep it coming!

Congrats on the upcoming nuptials.
I was in the San Francisco Bay area last week and my co-workers brought me to "The Refuge" (refugesc.com) in San Carlos. It had nothing but Belgians on tap and the best Reuben I've had outside of NYC.
Although I didn't make it, Russian River's brewpub is north of SF in Santa Rosa.

Back