Train horn

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

manco171

Reaction score
Anyone else on here have a train horn? I'm currently trying to get the one I've got back into operating condition.

Hehe, I always thought that would be the best thing to have arround to annoy the neighbors. Maybe even mount it on the car.

Seems like I came across some things via google at one time where you can buy new diaphrams and the like.

Good luck!

Diaphragm gaskets are what I'm looking for right now. May have to buy new diaphragms as it seems that the gaskets are molded on. Its a leslie supertyphon RS 5T RRO. The BIG one!

I have a old caboose steam whistle somewhere, but no train horn

The steam whistle works really well on the co2 tank too.

I know a couple of guys that installed them on their rock crawlers. Sucks when out camping on the trail and they get liquored up after midnight. Those things get it, especially if they're in same canyon.

Got any pics?

For some reason about 5 years ago, it became popular for idiots to have them on their car or truck around here.
They would blast them for no apparent reason at traffic lights, drive through windows, or any other place someone might wet their pants in fear.
An old man had a heart attack after getting blasted and now I believe they are considered illegal.

I used to think the You Tube "Train Horn" videos were funny.
Now I think they are pretty *****ey.

For some reason about 5 years ago, it became popular for idiots to have them on their car or truck around here.
They would blast them for no apparent reason at traffic lights, drive through windows, or any other place someone might wet their pants in fear.
An old man had a heart attack after getting blasted and now I believe they are considered illegal.

I used to think the You Tube "Train Horn" videos were funny.
Now I think they are pretty *****ey.

It's most definitely a D-bag move.

I approve this behavior...we mounted one in a buddy's Geo Metro back when. Funniest GD thing ever...people never seen that **** coming.

Back