Trade Homebrew Pictures!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just don't want to admit I paid a stupid amount of money for a bad beer

Sent by a cellular communication device

I have accidentally bought the wrong beer more than once and bought beer that sucked a few times, too. What beer are you talking about?

Someone sent that to me in a swap. Not their fault it's a dud - I believe they grabbed it as a special release and included it without getting a chance to taste it.

Haven't opened it yet. The taste comments I have seen on Untappd indicate it isn't sour or funky enough. With that, I'm willing to give it more time. It may never be great (or all that sour/funky with Brett C), but I think it is likely to get better than it is now.

Edit: lots of ratebeer comments put this as musty, earthy, dank funk. Hopefully with some more time this will turn.

Just got this today from Splattsmier. Digging into some of the Real Ales tonight .

1391895633837.jpg

The wife let me go to the beer store again one for her and one for me:)

Sent from my PC36100 using Home Brew mobile app

1391918086414.jpg

Thank you Wes! Can't wait till they chill down

You're welcome! Glad they arrived safe, enjoy them! Sorry I didn't have any homebrew to send you at the moment. I haven't brewed in months so all I have are a couple batches from experimental recipes that need some tweaking. Nothing I was particularly proud of. Hopefully next time we trade I'll have something ready.

You're welcome! Glad they arrived safe, enjoy them! Sorry I didn't have any homebrew to send you at the moment. I haven't brewed in months so all I have are a couple batches from experimental recipes that need some tweaking. Nothing I was particularly proud of. Hopefully next time we trade I'll have something ready.

Deal!

Interesting story on that Black Rhino, straight from the brewery owner's mouth. Apparently they were planning to brew a batch of their Scratchin Hippo (Biere de Garde), but realized as they were transferring out of mash tun that the wort was way too dark. Apparently someone dumped the wrong malt sacks into the mill (I think it was too much debittered black malt). They had at least saved the grain bags so they could recreate the actual recipe used. They went with it and seemed to enjoy the result in the end and so it ended up in their rotation.

Got my first ever trade, courtesy of Dave37! I don't think I could be much happier! Currently out of the house but starting with a Scotty karate tonight.

1392169571231.jpg

That Prairie Somewhere is a colab between Prairie and Saint Somewhere, right? I looked it up, and there is no mention of a colab on the Prairie web sight. That sure looks like Bob Sylvester's head sticking out of the sand.

To my knowledge it isn't a collab. It should have both breweries on the label and it doesnt. I think it's a prairie only

Sent from a turkish prison while watching movies about gladiators

To my knowledge it isn't a collab. It should have both breweries on the label and it doesnt. I think it's a prairie only

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1392173613.947532.jpgthis is why I asked, and if you ever saw a pic of Bob Sylvester, that is his head sticking out if the sand. I thought it was odd with no mention on Prairies web site

Guess It was. I had no idea. Usually both breweries are on the label

Other than the name of the beer and Bob's pic in the background on the label, there is very little reference to the colab, other than a couple of random mentions on non-official web sites, which I find a little odd.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1392174559.997432.jpg that is surely Bob's head sticking out of the sand. Just a little curious OT talk.

Got my first ever trade, courtesy of Dave37! I don't think I could be much happier! Currently out of the house but starting with a Scotty karate tonight.

Glad everything made it there safely dude! Enjoy those brews! I'd drink those resins next. They are fresh but I think they tend to have a short period where they are at there best. Enjoy!

Nice, new batch Bomb! I saw some today, but bought these instead.

Nice. I picked up the Noir last night, had given up on the Bomb, but stumbled upon these two while picking up some dinner tonight. They're spendy, but I really appreciate that Prairie is not using big bottles for their big stouts.

Back