Trade Homebrew Pictures!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mcbaumannerb said:
I also anal wrap everything.
For some reason I read it like that at first. Wasn't sure what anal wrap was. :p

And I still haven't had all my beers survive. Of course I still think UPS hire gorillas to handle the packages...

I have actually had good success so far. Nothing I have sent out, beer or glassware, has broken. I try to go a little overboard on the bubble wrap and packing materials. Maybe FedEx doesn't hire the same kind of gorillas that UPS does. ;)

WesleyS said:
For some reason I read it like that at first. Wasn't sure what anal wrap was. :p

I have actually had good success so far. Nothing I have sent out, beer or glassware, has broken. I try to go a little overboard on the bubble wrap and packing materials. Maybe FedEx doesn't hire the same kind of gorillas that UPS does. ;)

Careful ... you're showing how your mind works ;)

I do think FedEx respects the package better - and they're cheaper so win-win!

mcbaumannerb said:
Careful ... you're showing how your mind works ;)
My mind? You're the one who typed something that I misread as being dirty! ;)
I do think FedEx respects the package better - and they're cheaper so win-win!

Yeah, they've always been cheaper every time I compared prices so I just stick with FedEx.

Thanks channel66 ! The BAFA is fine!

Now to get a starter going!

ForumRunner_20130802_174817.png

ForumRunner_20130802_174841.png

Was the yeast still cool when you got it? That's the first time I've shipped it like that.

FWIW I was listening to brew strong earlier. I've always thrown yeast straight in the fridge when it shows up warm, but you want to avoid dramatic temperature shifts as it causes the yeast to throw off temperature shock proteins or some such.

Another awesome trade with my wonderful wife in the background. Thanks to TheMan once again

image-3942361895.jpg

bsyoung said:
Another awesome trade with my wonderful wife in the background. Thanks to TheMan once again

Nice haul!
I love that Laughing Panda. I wasn't sure what to expect but ended up really enjoying it.

FWIW I was listening to brew strong earlier. I've always thrown yeast straight in the fridge when it shows up warm, but you want to avoid dramatic temperature shifts as it causes the yeast to throw off temperature shock proteins or some such.

I packed it in 2 different lunch coolers, with 2 separate ice packs, with no dead air space, I'm hoping that was enough to keep it cool

WesleyS said:
Nice haul!
I love that Laughing Panda. I wasn't sure what to expect but ended up really enjoying it.

Awesome I can't wait to try it

Well **** it was in the fridge for 4 hours and then I pitched it into the starter tonight. But yes it had kept pretty cool.

Is there an easy way to post pics on the mobile app? I just uploaded a picture to my photo page but can't figure out how to get the URL from the app...

DrPhunk said:
Is there an easy way to post pics on the mobile app? I just uploaded a picture to my photo page but can't figure out how to get the URL from the app...

You don't need a URL if you've taken the picture on your mobile device. Simply hit the "+" sign near the Send button to add your image.

Sweet! That was easy! I just got these from a trade with someone on a different forum. Looking forward to having some Lunch for dinner tonight!

image-2883946541.jpg

Just packed one up. A dozen brews of which over half are NEBCO. :D

Awesome. What's inside of the canister was great!

image-2903363947.jpg

InityBrew said:
You like that.?

That was done to reduce the sloshing sound when I shook the box..

Yep. I figured it was to trick those mofos. I applaud you.

Channel66 said:
Hm.. we used to use those for uh.. nevermind.

finsfan said:
yeah ive seen those full of "stuff" before haha what else was in the trade remmy?!

I don't get it. You're not being very clear. What did you guys put in there? ;)

Back