Tractor Supply turkey fryer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've never used that one but it looks like a really good deal to me.
great find for 40$

I might have to pick one of those up. I'm looking to jump to all grain now that I built a CFC and a MLT.

I would buy it as long as you have a burner to go with it. Seems like a good deal and I would not care for one second that it's aluminum vs SS.

these people did

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbLoItoLn5g&feature=rec-HM-fresh+div]YouTube - Brewing Beer with Kevin and Sarah[/ame]

I used a turkey fryer for the first time the other day and it worked out great. The model I have is slightly older and was a little difficult to use when I needed to turn the burner back on (I don't know if other models are more like range top burners with electric ignitors), but I would definitely use it again. Just make sure you have plenty of ventilation and something to protect the ground underneath from the heat.

That looks like just the pot. For only a couple of dollars more I got a larger pot with a propane burner. Look for turkey fryers on sale after thanksgiving.

The spigot might be nice, though, if it could be rigged up properly.

Thanks guys. They have the kit with burner on the website but I didn't see it at the store.

I would love to get a keggle, but I don't have any welding skills. Plus, if I'm doing this in the kitchen, my wife may not like the look of a huge steel keg.

Thanks guys. They have the kit with burner on the website but I didn't see it at the store.

I would love to get a keggle, but I don't have any welding skills. Plus, if I'm doing this in the kitchen, my wife may not like the look of a huge steel keg.

You can go with weldless fittings.

stainlesswf.jpg

Makes perfect sense! I thought maybe it was a built in wort chiller inside the brew pot you could hook up a line to run cool water through or something.

Makes perfect sense! I thought maybe it was a built in wort chiller inside the brew pot you could hook up a line to run cool water through or something.

just drop an imersion chiller inside (it connects to a garden hose, and has an output hose
or hook up a counterflow chiller on the out port f the ball valve.
The only thing that would be hooked to the inside (for a boil kettle) would be a siphon tube, screen, or false bottom.

Thanks Biobeing. I was trying to locate a resturant supply store, looks like it was a good idea. I'll see what I can find this weekend.

Back