Tower on Jockey Box

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ki-ri-n

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So I'm adding a tower to my jockey box (cooler with a cold plate). Do I need to make a hole only large enough for the beer line or do I need to make it as large as the tower? Either one ok for help keeping the beer line in the tower cold?

I was going to add more insulation in the tower seeing as how I'm only running 1 tap.

Pics

20180629_174726.69259

20180621_172423.69257

20180621_172423.69257

20180629_174737.69258

Last edited:
All I wound up doing was removing the slim flimsy Styrofoam liner and replaced it with a pool noodle that I cut to fit.
Worked like a dream, even during the 4th of July.

It had to go somewhere and the top just seemed more convenient. Don't have a pic of it all hooked up but I could take one. Just picture a keg hooked up to CO2 and a beer-to-beer jumper from them keg to the box.

The PVC "stand off" is so the cold plate doesn't sit in water, only ice. There's no drain port on the cooler I used. It sits about 1.5" off the bottom and keeps it centered in the cooler. At the start, you have to use your hands to make sure there's ice under the plate at the start-that's it. Good for a day in ~90° heat.

The cold plate I used is a two pass plate. But I looped it seeing as I only have 1 tap.

Last edited:
It had to go somewhere and the top just seemed more convenient. Don't have a pic of it all hooked up but I could take one. Just picture a keg hooked up to CO2 and a beer-to-beer jumper from them keg to the box.

The PVC "stand off" is so the cold plate doesn't sit in water, only ice. There's no drain port on the cooler I used. It sits about 1.5" off the bottom and keeps it centered in the cooler. At the start, you have to use your hands to make sure there's ice under the plate at the start-that's it. Good for a day in ~90° heat.

The cold plate I used is a two pass plate. But I looped it seeing as I only have 1 tap.

Thanks for the quick reply! Great idea with the pool noodle! I will be using that for my pending build!

Back