tower of power

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blarneybrew

Reaction score
Anyone have one? Build their own? Alternatives?

I'm growing tired of heating my mash every two or three minutes. It's not pissing me off but obviously some convenience would be appreciated.

I read a few people chirp about blichmann's technology in ToP being a form of planned obsolescence, and that maybe a newer product will be in the works.

So what's good? I would be using this for biab but eventually hoping to do 20gal batches.

I have the TOP with both controllers. It was expensive, but I don't have the time to be a DIYer, so it fit exactly what I needed. Setup was a breeze, temps stay rock solid.
They do have an electric TOP in the works that I might jump on for winter brewing with their "Rims Rocket" attachment.
If there were one negative thing I would note beside the cost, it would be the blasted volume of the alarm on the thing. I did nearly mute it with some cut out dynamat I had laying around though.

Rig:
83E31CB4-26FF-48F2-B6B3-6DD73B01B669.jpg

I have just the mash controller. It works pretty good. It took a while to get it setup and tune in, but now it is working great.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I have just the mash controller. It works pretty good. It took a while to get it setup and tune in, but now it is working great.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

The mash controller would be my first priority. If I could I would buy a whole new set up in one go, but at least with the right pieces I can get used to new components as I go.

Back