Tower faucet rotating

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dbennett78

Reaction score
I have attached the faucet to the shank on a draft tower assembly with the faucet coupling nut, and all of the connections are tight, but the faucet can still rotate to the left or right. Its like the internal connection is loose. I noticed there are holes in the faucet coupling nut that look like you could put screws into to keep it from rotating. Is there some part I am missing here?:confused:

if it can twist left to right the nut on the back (inside the tower) is still a bit loose, the holes on the coupling nut are there so you can use a special wrench to tighten the faucet to the shank.

Hmm Ill try to tighten the nut inside the tower. This is not an easy feat. Is there a special wrench that makes it easer? I have the spanner wrench for the faucet, but that doesnt fit the nut in the tower.

It can be hard to tighten the nut inside the tower. It's usually easier to rotate the tap than the nut. Turn the tap so the handle is pointing at about 10:00 position. Get the nut inside the tower just snug, then using some pliers, hold the nut inside the tower and rotate the tap up to the 12:00 position.

Keep band-aids close buy, you will skin your knuckles off and severely cut yourself doing this.

_______

It's not nearly that hard to get a shank nut tight...

Make it finger tight
Attach the faucet to the shank and tighten it with the spanner
Grab the faucet, and while holding the nut inside the tower, rotate them both to the left (Looking at the faucet)
Then hold the nut in the tower in place with a needle nose, and rotate just the faucet back to the right.
Rinse
Repeat as necessary

It'll be tight as hell in no time. If the faucet isn't vertical anymore, remove it and re-attach it to the shank so it's straight up and down.

It's hard to describe, but cake to do.

Latest posts

Back