Tower/faucet recommendations

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devils4ever

Reaction score
I've had my kegerator for years (on my second one) using picnic taps to dispense my homebrew. I decided to use picnic taps since I don't drink beer everyday and I felt that this way everything is kept cold and clean including the taps and the lines.

However, I've had two occasions now where guests would dispense beer and leave the picnic tap on top of the keg. Closing the top cover would pinch open the tap and all my homebrew would fill the bottom of the kegerator. It just happened last night. CRYING! All my American Wheat wasted--almost completely full!

Anyway, I'm thinking of adding a beer tower to avoid this situation from happening again. Are there beer towers that are kept cold inside the tower? Are the taps and trapped beer kept cold?

I have 4 kegs. Should I use a 4-faucet tower or two 2-faucet towers?

Is the Perlick 630SS faucet the way to go?

Another thought is to build a low wood collar around the top of the freezer and place the taps on the front of it. Thoughts?

Thanks!

Any kind of tower would be better than all that alcohol abuse! I use a refrigerator that holds a total of 4 5 gallon kegs and only have a 2 tap in the door and a picnic tap for the beer. I do like the picnic tap for the Beer because I put a 6 inch hose on the end of it so my beer fills from the bottom of the glass and I use the two TAPS in the door for my ciders

I guess the 4-faucet tower is the way to go. Does anyone sell an insulated version to keep the internal beer lines and faucets cold?

Back