Toronto Mo Fo's

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jspence1

Reaction score
I'd just like to say a big FU to all u pricks in toronto Ontario for keeping the Amsterdam brewery a secret. I tried their nut brown, raspberry wheat and natural blonde today they were all great! I'm kicking myself in the a$$ for not buying more when I was there. I'm thinking about another road trip with the kiddies for beer ....is 76KM (47 miles) too far to get beer?

Wow I'm impressed with my typing skills from last night! More impressive is that I managed to save a nut brown for today. I'm planning my next trip already :)

Where is Amsterdam in Toronto? I try to find new beer things in Toronto, I have family that live up there and I will be up there around Christmas. :)

Hells no! Check out C'est What too if you want to get some lunch. Nice Canadian micros on tap including some real ales.

They have a really bad website. But on your recommendation I will definitely give it a try. Any beer recommendations?

They have a really bad website. But on your recommendation I will definitely give it a try. Any beer recommendations?
Ya it's pretty ugly but the pub itself is great. I really liked the one named after motor oil, 10W30 or something like that. And all the real ales were pretty decent including some nice hoppy stuff (hop devil comes to mind). It's been a while since I went there (for my birthday actually). I literally tried one of everything (half pints!) and there wasn't much I didn't enjoy.

Oh and the bison burger with fries was excellent! :D

I'd just like to say a big FU to all u pricks in toronto Ontario for keeping the Amsterdam brewery a secret. I tried their nut brown, raspberry wheat and natural blonde today they were all great! I'm kicking myself in the a$$ for not buying more when I was there. I'm thinking about another road trip with the kiddies for beer ....is 76KM (47 miles) too far to get beer?
Ill moon everyone in To from across the lake if youd like.

Ill moon everyone in To from across the lake if youd like.

Moon away!

Don't worry about the bills this weekend I've realized that they haven't won since I've been wearing my new jersey. The John guarantee is that I will NEVER again wear it on game day. I've ordered its replacement already. I should have known it was cursed when I got a good deal on it.

Ya it's pretty ugly but the pub itself is great. I really liked the one named after motor oil, 10W30 or something like that. And all the real ales were pretty decent including some nice hoppy stuff (hop devil comes to mind). It's been a while since I went there (for my birthday actually). I literally tried one of everything (half pints!) and there wasn't much I didn't enjoy.

Oh and the bison burger with fries was excellent! :D

It's now officially on my list of things to do

Hells no! Check out C'est What too if you want to get some lunch. Nice Canadian micros on tap including some real ales.

Had a bachelor trip up there a while back and we all fell in love with C'est What. Their Coffee Porter (especially) and Chocolate Hazelnut Ale were awesome. They had 5 cask engines. I had the above two plus Granite Best Bitter (cask), Neustadt Double Fuggle Ale (cask), Cameron's Amber, Unibroue Ephemere, Black Oak Pale Ale, Great Lakes 666, Durham Hop Addict, and King Pilsner there.

That weekend we went to Spirits, C'est What, Flat Iron & Firkin, Laide (unfortunately... weird f'n place), and Finn McCool's.

:mug: to Toronto!!!

Don't worry about the bills this weekend I've realized that they haven't won since I've been wearing my new jersey. The John guarantee is that I will NEVER again wear it on game day. I've ordered its replacement already. I should have known it was cursed when I got a good deal on it.
So I can blame you eh? Your fate will be decided Sunday...be prepared.

Brick Brewery is about an hour away from T.O. in Waterloo/Kitchener. If you go there, make a trip to Sleeman's and Wellington in Guelph too, I lived 5 minutes away from Sleeman's in University and did many a tour.

Back