Topsail NC, need some local intel....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brew_Dude41

Chaos coordinator
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
On vacation in North Topsail beach with another couple and our children. Looking for some suggestions on some nice places to eat that we can take a 1.5 yr and 9 mo old to. They are relatively well behaved, but still little girls who have now learned that they can 'talk' to each other. Our daughter has not learned volume control...
Also looking for a good fish market or butcher for some dinners I will be grilling up as well.

Thanks everyone.

I go there every summer for a family beach trip (I will be there from the 25th through 29th). There is not much to choose from when it comes to restaurants. In Surf City just beside the bridge right alongside the crab pot is where we pick up fresh off the boat fish and shrimp to grill/cook up ourselves. We have usually found the best value there when it comes to seafood fresh off the boat. If you hear of anything good let me know.

Beauchaines is the only real nice restaurant I know of there, kinda expensive though. Not a dress up restaurant or anything.

Dont buy bagged ice from stores, use one of the fill the bag/your cooler yourself kiosks, its far cheaper.

Oh and do not dig any trenches or leave any kind of cabana or anything on the beach. The turtle ladies are militant about places that could trap sea turtles, and some jerkwads like to travel down the beach slitting the covers on any popup tents or what have you that are left up overnight.

If you're up for a short drive the river front in Wilmington has a ton of great food and brews.

I go there every summer for a family beach trip (I will be there from the 25th through 29th). There is not much to choose from when it comes to restaurants. In Surf City just beside the bridge right alongside the crab pot is where we pick up fresh off the boat fish and shrimp to grill/cook up ourselves. We have usually found the best value there when it comes to seafood fresh off the boat. If you hear of anything good let me know.

Beauchaines is the only real nice restaurant I know of there, kinda expensive though. Not a dress up restaurant or anything.

Dont buy bagged ice from stores, use one of the fill the bag/your cooler yourself kiosks, its far cheaper.

Oh and do not dig any trenches or leave any kind of cabana or anything on the beach. The turtle ladies are militant about places that could trap sea turtles, and some jerkwads like to travel down the beach slitting the covers on any popup tents or what have you that are left up overnight.
There a couple fishing companies up in Sneads ferry that i am going to check out. I will let you know how it goes. We hit a place named buddy's for dinner last night, wasn't bad, and I would compare it to a Joe's crab shack.
Tell me more about those kiosks for ice, i haven't seen one yet.

If you're up for a short drive the river front in Wilmington has a ton of great food and brews.

We are actually at the North end of the beach. Might be a trip to take if we get another rainy day. Any specific spots to hit?

What are some good local brews that I should be on the look out for?
Thanks,

There a couple fishing companies up in Sneads ferry that i am going to check out. I will let you know how it goes. We hit a place named buddy's for dinner last night, wasn't bad, and I would compare it to a Joe's crab shack.
Tell me more about those kiosks for ice, i haven't seen one yet.

the machines are branded by http://www.twicetheice.com/ and you can look up where to find them from their site. The one we go to is located at 110 N. Topsail Dr. Surf City NC 28445 and you can get 20 lb w/o a bag for like $2, just put your cooler under the chute.

Havent found anything brew related yet. I will ask a friend who lives around there. If she is still talking to me.

Front Street has some solid food. If you want some nice craft beers check out Cape Fear Wine & Beer. Don't bring the kids.

Back