toothbrush in primary... :(

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pincy

Reaction score
I had a ale in primary sitting in my living room for a week or so because it's warmer there and I love the fruity deliciousness that comes with ales.

Today (fermentation is pretty much over), I see my daughter (two years old) with the airlock off, the bung removed and she's sticking her well-chewed toothbrush into the "bubbles" (her word) and licking it off.

So.... I hope this beer doesn't end up tasting like dirty socks.

I just needed to vent.

My 16 month old just showed his first interest in my airlock last night. He walked over to the bucket, grabbed the air lock tow hands and started pulling. Luckily I was right there and stopped him. Who knows what would have ended up down that hole.

ok thats kind of funny. i hope you told your daughter not to do that any more. lol can't really get mad at her she was curious and didn't know not to do that. just curious does she get a taste of the wart before you add the yeast? that might alleviate some of her curiosity.

just think of the names.

Aquafresh Ale
or
Flouridated Fuggles Ale
or

You'll probably be fine-especially if it was krausen from early fermentation.
Think of the krausen/bubbles in the neck as a "blanket" of C02...

My 16 month old just showed his first interest in my airlock last night. He walked over to the bucket, grabbed the air lock tow hands and started pulling. Luckily I was right there and stopped him. Who knows what would have ended up down that hole.

how do you think that 16 month old got there?

Oh I see, you kid put it in there. I was going to recommend not adding the toothbrush to the primary.

:D

I had a ale in primary sitting in my living room for a week or so because it's warmer there and I love the fruity deliciousness that comes with ales.

Today (fermentation is pretty much over), I see my daughter (two years old) with the airlock off, the bung removed and she's sticking her well-chewed toothbrush into the "bubbles" (her word) and licking it off.

So.... I hope this beer doesn't end up tasting like dirty socks.

I just needed to vent.

Oh man, I can just see it. LMAO. My dad use to say that beer being brewed smelled like dirty socks.

Back