Took the plunge, just bought a kegging set up - did I get everything?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xmacro

Reaction score
Well, I did it, so did I forget anything besides keg lube and tubing?

- 2 new ball-lock kegs from Beverage Elements (come with the dual rubber handles that used/refurbs ones have) ($5 coupon, kegit2012, makes it cheaper than buying from the BE storefront on Amazon by only $5.05).

- Taprite T752 regulator, from HomeBrewStuff (same price and cheaper shipping if you order it from the HBS storefront on Amazon instead of the HBS website. Go figure)

- New 5# aluminum tank from Beverage Elements

- Two Gas quick disconnects (barbed)

- Two liquid quick disconnects (threaded)

- Reason I went with gas-barbed/liquid threaded was this thread: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/barbed-threaded-ball-lock-fittings-98573/index3.html

- two picnic taps

- 1/4" swivel nut to connect the liquid tubing to the liquid threaded disconnect

All told, everything came to about $450 (shipping included). Not a bad deal for a complete and brand new setup, IMO

Also, a question - can I use the typical vinyl tubing for the gas line and the liquid line, or are they different?

So you have one bottle of gas running 2 taps....how are you splitting the gas lines from the bottle to the kegs? Are you using a manifold or a secondary regulator?

Originally when I bought my kegging setup the gas and liquid lines came off the same roll of tubing. I later when to Airtool lines and QDs for my gas setup.

The T752 is a dual gauge regulator -

41VRcu6LScL.jpg

I figured that I could set one dial to carbing pressure and another to serving pressure?

If I get more kegs in the future (very likely), I was figuring on putting a manifold in.

Latest posts

Back