Took a time lapse shot while on my first brew since moving to Hawaii.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newtstampede

Reaction score
I finally got everything unpacked and fixed all the parts the movers ****ed up. Time to make SWMBO's Delirium clone to keep her happy and me brewing. I had just gotten a gopro for my birthday so I decided to do a time lapse shot of the brew day. My setup is a 3 vessel E-Herms, 2 pumps and a single PID controller. It leaves room for expansion down the road too. You can see the video below.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew Talk app

Last edited by a moderator:
Including setup, fixing the Herms coil, prep, and having to find my drill for the mill...about 7 hours. The mash schedule for this one was 125 for 15, 144 for 45, 158 for 30, mash out at 172 for 10. Batch sparged with 3 additions and a 90 min boil with my pump getting stuck while chilling too. Then clean up.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew Talk app

I just carbed it up but it's still very young. I will post a picture sometime soon. Up next is a west coast IPA with citra and Amarillo with a little surprise. Just picked up some Brett trois yesterday. Also have a Oktoberfest on deck too.

Cool... Nice set-up, but would've saved lots of time having everything clean and ready before hand, but 7hr with all that isn't bad...

I was born in Honolulu. Are you navy?

Cool... Nice set-up, but would've saved lots of time having everything clean and ready before hand, but 7hr with all that isn't bad...

I was born in Honolulu. Are you navy?

It was clean. I just didn't trust that it stayed that way through being shipped from Kansas and in storage. It's going to be much easier next time just set up and let it go. Not Navy though, Army.

It was clean. I just didn't trust that it stayed that way through being shipped from Kansas and in storage. It's going to be much easier next time just set up and let it go. Not Navy though, Army.

Ya my dad was 4yr army and 12yr navy subs. He was stationed in Pearl Harbor. I was born at tripler hospital.

I bet it's changed a lot over the years. I have fond memories of Hawaii. Cockroach infested apartments. Some islander lady beating the crap out of my mom outside the apt—lots of discrimination towards whites back then. Walking miles to school... Good times.

Some day I'll go back and visit.

Back