Tomorrow is Steak and a BJ Day!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I understand the steak part but kinda confused by the BJ part.

This so called BJ thing... I'm not quite sure how that works. I have a vague recollection of receiving such a thing about a decade ago when SWMBO and I first met.

Since then, the closest I have come was a multitude of vivid dreams where I wake up in a cold sweat and a bit disappointed.

I understand the steak part but kinda confused by the BJ part.

This so called BJ thing... I'm not quite sure how that works. I have a vague recollection of receiving such a thing about a decade ago when SWMBO and I first met.

Since then, the closest I have come was a multitude of vivid dreams where I wake up in a cold sweat and a bit disappointed.

Steak and BJ started with 2 radio DJ's in the Boston area on 107.3 WAAF. Rocco and Birdsey. Somewhere around 1998, 1999? It was the brainstorm of Tom Birdsey in response for expectations for Guys to make their signifigant other happy on Valentine's Day. Steak and BJ Day occurs 1 month later rewarding the Guys with two things they would most definately love. The expectations were now the Lady's responsibility to celebrate with their man. Steak and BJ Day is the Man's Valentines Day.

We're pushing 50. Rarely eat red meat any more, and the BJ's went out a LOOOONNNNNGGGGGGGGG time ago.

27 years married. BJ's are a thing of the past fellows. Hate to give you young guys the bad news. I know how the fellas like a good BJ, and a good steak.

Burger, fries and a hand job again, huh? :eek:

(...at least you can "super-size" some of that order...)
j/k

Without having read thus, I told my gf last year I'd settle for a burger and a handy... got a burger and a beej.

This year, we celebrated valentines day on the 15th because I close my retail store on Fridays. Telling her tomorrow morning that I want to grill, hope she remembers why so I don't have to tell her..... its always more special when they remember.

We're pushing 50. Rarely eat red meat any more, and the BJ's went out a LOOOONNNNNGGGGGGGGG time ago.

27 years married. BJ's are a thing of the past fellows. Hate to give you young guys the bad news. I know how the fellas like a good BJ, and a good steak.

That's why god made hookers

Completely missed the holiday this year. I am pretty sure I'm not going to get a belated gift this time. At least not unless it also somehow morphs into "taco" night, if you know what I mean.

So, I email my wife to hint that we missed this holiday. I specifically mention MARCH 14TH! I assumed she would be all like, "What holiday is on March 14th?" and bust out Google and find out.

Nope. Instead she replied that she can't believe she missed this with our oldest daughter and how she wouldn't have even thought of it except the young one (14) had said something to her this morning.

I was pretty sure we weren't talking about the same holiday...

So I replied that I was talking about Steak and BJ day.

I got a phone call just a few minutes after that. She was busting a gut and couldn't even talk to me for like 2 minutes. I tried to pretend I didn't know her, but that only made things worse. Turns out she only mentioned the kids' because it was their 6 months birthday date (You know, the imaginary birthday that moms and girls celebrate on the day 6 months from their ACTUAL birthday!)

I guess this is kind of funny, but the real issue of whether we will celebrate (ok, whether "I" will celebrate, let's be honest here) is still up in the air. I let her know that we were half prepared to do this thing, and she told me I'd have to prove it was a real holiday with a Hallmark card.

So now I'm off to find the cardstock, and a legitimate Hallmark logo and barcode to print on the back...

Everyone I know, including my wife, thinks of March 14 as Pi Day, so hinting about it being a holiday and hoping she would google it wouldn't work. It also happens to be my niece's birthday. Oh well, I can pretty much make any day steak and BJ day if I want. I love my wife.

By the way, next year will be a once-in-a-century super special Pi Day.

If only there were some way to combine them and celebrate pi and bj's at the same time. But when I was a teenager I memorized pi to the thousandth decimal place and used to recite it to get rid of unwanted erections, so it may be two things that just don't go together.

Well, I didn't get steak, bj, OR Pi yesterday!

On the plus side, I DID get the back bathroom painted. Strangely, I thought that doing that would have HELPED my chances with the others...

Well, I didn't get steak, bj, OR Pi yesterday!

On the plus side, I DID get the back bathroom painted. Strangely, I thought that doing that would have HELPED my chances with the others...

That's the burden of being a man...

Thankfully my wife observes this holiday with me. This year she took me to a new steakhouse we had not been to. It was amazing! We got home and you should be able to fill in the blanks.

She's cool with this because a month prior we rode our bikes to a local restaurant that serves pasties. I had also got her some flowers earlier in the day. I planned this and she had no idea. She loves surprises like that.

Never-forget-9-11.jpg

So sorry you and the misses are not enjoying life to the fullest. For all the rest of you.... it is only over if you let it be that way. Pushing 50 and barely started here. Celebration just for the hell of it is one way to keep "holiday" alive.

steak-and-knobber-day-logo.jpg

You see, this is what i get for trying to work a second j9b for extra money. I actually forgot all about this day :(

I don't acknowledge Valentine's Day, so I don't get to celebrate steak and bj day. It's worth it, in my opinion.

I don't acknowledge Valentine's Day, so I don't get to celebrate steak and bj day. It's worth it, in my opinion.

Really? My wife doesn't require much on Valentine's day. IMO V-day is fine. The one I can't stand is Sweetest Day.

Generally a thoughtful card, or thoughtful action to show you love or appreciate her is all they really want on V-day.

Compare that with what you get on SABJ Day and I think it's a bargain!

Of course it really comes down to the quality of the steak and BJ...

Heh, speak for yourself.

If I just gave my woman a card on V-day, she'd be all "dafuq is this?? Is that it???"

You're a lucky man, Homercidal. :D

Yes I am.

But when you think about it, Valentine's Day is not called "Girlfriend Day", or "Wife Day". It's not supposed to be about the ladies only, although our modern world has turned it into that.

It's about showing your love for someone - anyone - you care for, that you care for them. Girls can do as much for their guys as they expect us to do for them.

I think our need for material signs of affection are just much lower than they are for most women. We have simple needs.

Back