Toes out

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daverust

Reaction score
How do you guys do it? I just can't leave my pinkies in the exterior. And most important, WHY? Anyway, I was checking several videos from different homebrewers and I notice the following, just for fun...

Be careful there brave homebrewers!

EDIT: Weird, I can just look at them just fine. Anyway, I reupload them :D

Toe1.png

Toe2.png

Toe3.png

Toe4.png

Toe5.png

Toe6.png

Toe7.png

Toe8.png

As6mRvC.jpg

I brew barefoot all of the time. It is what it is. Now with a torn tendon, I brew with one walking cast on.

I see them. Let me spoil the surprise:

It's just pictures of dudes brewing/kegging/floccing around, all with no shoes on.
Last one is a guy who obviously was injured by a broken glass carboy.

Pix look fine now. The future of toes maybe a different story... damn!

Are you the last one?

[EDIT] OK, you're just showing a variety you found on the net. Quite a bit of stamina on the last one though.

I always wear Crocs but maybe we should check out those wooden shoes again. Only makes sense.

I see pics, all of them. I don't even use carboys as I have plastic fermenters but one of the first things I do on brewday is put socks and shoes on. Dealing with heavy/hot items like moving a kettle full of hot wort from indoors to outside (I mash inside and boil outside) just isn't worth the risk of dropping something on my toes or burning them. Right now though I'm wearing flip flops, put them on every day after work. Used to absolutely hate the things all my life till I had to use them in Hawaii (easiest way to get on footwear to go from the pool to the bar to order another round :D) and fell in love with them. Now it's cold over here so I don't have a choice either way, but regardless it's regular footwear on brew day.

Rev.

90% of the year, I wear Keen closed toe sandals. Then, for those 2-4 batches of beer during the cold time, I wear socks and shoes.

In the winter I tend to wear shoes. The floor gets chilly in my garage. I hate shoes so tend to go barefoot in the warmer months (over 50?) Dont really use glass so I have no fears. Other than checking to make sure the valve on my BK is closed before filling it I dont worry at all.

burnt the everliving $hite out of my foot with shoes and socks on, back when I used an intermitten chiller. the first half gal to gal of water coming out of that thing were scalding hot. that water soaked through the top of my shoe and on my sock, which kind of held it against my skin. got a nice fat blister on a 2nd degree burn. work boots would have saved me, but I only break those bad boys out in the winter. didn't stop me, just taught me a lesson that I won't forget.

I wear paratrooper boots, every brew day / day off. The only difference is in the summer its paratrooper boots, shorts, tshirt and when its snowing like crazy... paratrooper boots, shorts, tshirt and a hat.

I brew barefoot in the summer all the time. Last weekend, though, I was in my cold weather brewing getup and spilled boiling - not strike temp, but boiling - water on my boot. I was fine but if I had been barefoot, that would have sucked.

I am usually in my bare feet. However, the last picture is the reason why I plan to switch to plastic BetterBottles.

I always brew barefoot. I probably shouldn't, but I do.

I've burned all sorts of things, from my boobies to my face (don't ask), but never my feet.

I HATE shoes and socks. I do wear clothes, to protect other people's eyes. :D

I recall reading a post where you were doing something beer related with no clothes on :eek:! Of course, no pics, didn't happen!

I recall reading a post where you were doing something beer related with no clothes on :eek:! Of course, no pics, didn't happen!

Oh, yes, that's right! I totally forgot about that. I was totally bare-ass naked when Bob walked into the brewery. But I do generally have clothes on, for the most part. :D

I just looked up and he was standing there with a weird look on his face. And I asked him, "Oh! I bet you're wondering why I'm brewing stark naked?" and he just nodded. He didn't say a single word. :drunk:

My feet get hot and sweaty, unless it's cold I brew au naturale (on my feet, at least). Then again, I don't use glass carboys, the only glass objects are my mug for recirculating and my hydrometer and thermometer.

You see a lot of toes on gun forums as well. Most common when guys are taking pics of them on the floor.

I brew barefoot most of the time. Or I throw on sandals or socks or slippers if the grounds cold outside. No glass except the hydrometer. My burner is pretty low to the ground and my mashtun has a lid on it. Only came close to an accident once when the table wasn't balanced and it and my full mashtin tried to flip over on me.

Back