Today's Brewing Buddies

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CereousBrewer

Reaction score
I had these guys hang around the entire time I was brewing today (4 Toms). They're wild turkeys and get hunted in the spring, but I'm always outside and over the summer they just get used to me being around.

A 60 degree day on November 10th in Minnesota just had to be a brew day...

Brewing-Buddies.gif

I dunno how it is in MN, but in OK - toms can be seen year around until opening day, then it's like they vanished. Not one to be found. Smart little ****ers.

I dunno how it is in MN, but in OK - toms can be seen year around until opening day, then it's like they vanished. Not one to be found. Smart little ****ers.

It's pretty much the same here...we'll have turkeys in the yard all winter and they'll start displaying/gobbling in the spring, but all of a sudden they just go "poof" and you won't see them until after season is over.

It's pretty much the same here...we'll have turkeys in the yard all winter and they'll start displaying/gobbling in the spring, but all of a sudden they just go "poof" and you won't see them until after season is over.

story of my like plus a swear they can read POSTED signs

The turkeys showed up at our house about 4 years ago. We'll have anywhere between two and twenty in the yard from time to time. They've never looked healthier than they have since we started brewing and dumping spent grain in the yard. There are four big Tom's that seem to have exclusive rights to the grain pile. We've been brewing a lot lately so they're all fed out and ready for the table.

Word must be getting around about Brew Day. I thought they might get scared when they saw the "turkey fryer" come out but they seem to be waiting for the spent grain...impatiently.

Word's-Getting-Around.gif

Back