To sweeten a Lambrusco

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guscampag

Reaction score
I like dry wine. However, there are some in my family who like theirs a little on the sweet side (kind of like a Riunite Lambrusco type of thing).

I have made some Lambrusco concentrate that is ready for bottling. This batch went down to .993 (which is great for me), but I better sweeten some of it up for my daughter-in-law.

Can anyone tell me how much table sugar to add per gallon to raise the SG from .993 up to about 1.001 or so? Or alternately, how much welches concentrate it would take?(if that's a good idea).

Thanks in advance.

I like dry wine. However, there are some in my family who like theirs a little on the sweet side (kind of like a Riunite Lambrusco type of thing).

I have made some Lambrusco concentrate that is ready for bottling. This batch went down to .993 (which is great for me), but I better sweeten some of it up for my daughter-in-law.

Can anyone tell me how much table sugar to add per gallon to raise the SG from .993 up to about 1.001 or so? Or alternately, how much welches concentrate it would take?(if that's a good idea).

Thanks in advance.
Look this up to be 100% sure but I THINK that one pound of sugar will raise the SG of 5 gallons of wine by .009.... So I am gonna say 3.2 oz per gallon will get you to 1.002

Look up winec240 it is a download and will tell you how much sugar to add it is free and works like a charm. It does not like it when you put in the decimals.

Back