to move or not to move.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elielilang

Reaction score
Im fermenting my first partial mash IPA. brew day went really well, my conversion was around %80 and now i have a wort that is a bit bigger than I had planned for (og 1.068). My apartment is 66-68f and as fermentation is starting im concerned that the temps are going to be too high ~75. my balcony is around 45-50f. so my question is:

Should I move my fermenting wort back and forth to try and maintain a good tempeture in the mid 60s? is it bad for yeast to fluctuate in temperature? should I leave it out? should I leave it in?

I know RDWHAHMBRES or what ever it is... but im curious...
-Eli

Research swamp coolers, basically a bucket of cold water to set your fermenter in

The balcony might be a little chilly and sunlight may pose a couple problems of uv and heat. the swamp cooler would be a less back breaking job

im going to put it outside for a bit and cool it down a few degrees tonight. do you think this will hurt the yeast?

Latest posts

Back