To Beard or not Beard a HBT facial hair analysis poll

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Too Beard or Not to Beard

• Yes, I am a Bearded Brewer

• No, I am not a Bearded Brewer

• I'm a woman and I aint saying what I shave or dont shave.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I said no beard, but not because I don't want to. My military service prevents me from growing a beard, hence I must go beardless.

In Canada the military is only allowed to have facial hair if it is a waxed mustache. Saw a guy on base (was there for work) who must have had about 2" past his head on either side. Other than that he was rolling with the cue ball look. I think it's an archaic loophole in the system being exploited or he just had really bad judgement.

Didn't realize pics were appropriate. 12/23/13, last game at Candlestick Park and final Monday Night Football of the year. Me and my usher(ette).

P1030837.jpg

I had a full beard, but, I'm a teacher and allowed the student who got the highest score on one of my test to choose what I would shave it into. They chose friendly mutton chops with a handlebar mustache. It was pretty epic but I told my students I could only keep it for a week, mainly because of my wife.

Beard for the past 11 years.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Home Brew mobile app

I was clean shaven for a little over a year, but my company changed their policy on facial hair. I'm now happily bearded!

I currently have my winter beard going. Told my wife back in October that I'm not shaving it until the Seahawks win the Super Bowl. So, it's either coming off Monday, or it's gonna be mighty impressive by this time next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Full Beard, I have had my beard for 7 years now (I do trim it down every once in a while to keep it from looking nasty but currently have not trimmed it in about 5 months)

I started growing a beard back in Oct. but finally shaved it off yesterday and just went back to a goatee. I had to keep the beard trimmed for work and doing so made me feel like a hipster wannabe who was just doing it as a fad.

Goatee. Being retired Army I was not allowed facial hair for 21+ yrs. I guess it's just catch up time.

Nice. 90 responses thus far and we have about a 70/30 ratio going. Last time a similar poll was taken it was about 60/40. Seems the beard is growing more popular. Let's keep the votes coming!!!

Wife and I make out like teenagers, so no facial hair for this guy.

Had a beard every winter since I was 20. Every year it stayed longer and longer until it became an all year must. The SWMBO loves it for some reason...

If the good lord intended us to be clean shaven she would have organized the hormones and follicles in a different manner.

Of course this is true of underwear as well ... we were born without it and can live just fine without it !!

No beard cant grow one just a little chicken scratch on the chin and sides lol

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Home Brew mobile app

1391448302780.jpg

Beard. That video thaymond posted is awesome. Shut up Grandma! Grow a beard.

Beards have become to me what Flannel was in the 90s. Something I wore regularly, but has now become the domain of the hip. So, I'll personally wait for the fad to die down and maybe grow another one in a few years.

That Conky in your avatar? Hahaha, nice!

I go between bearded, non-bearded, side burns, goatee, mustache, flavor savor...it's always changing.
But I do have hair that goes past my shoulders.

We all hear about the "Brewer's Beard". How many of you have one?

The poll is up. Sound off HBT'ers.

This poll is offensive. I resent the fact that this poll does not have an option for those of us that can only grow parts of a beard. I grow as much of a beard as I can. I have a sweet goatee and some cheek patches.

This poll is offensive. I resent the fact that this poll does not have an option for those of us that can only grow parts of a beard. I grow as much of a beard as I can. I have a sweet goatee and some cheek patches.

Im right here with this fellow hbter

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Home Brew mobile app

Full beard. Grew it after I started brewing. Doubt I will ever shave the beard or stop the brewing.

150 responses and we are running 70/28/2. Looks like the beard is a very prevalent brewer feature unscientifically speaking of course.

Sidenote.... We need a bearded smiley....

bearedSmiley.gif

Currently growing it but SWMBO is a bit resistant so who knows how.long it'll last. I'm enjoying the warmth while I can!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Home Brew mobile app

1391535667799.jpg

Seahawks won the Super Bowl so, true to my word, the beard came off yesterday morning. And now it's 1 degree with -15 windchill. My face is freezing. Time to start growing it out again.

I am bearded but not because I brew. I have one of those "butt" chins. Far easier to not shave than to try to shave the chin!

Like a few others here have already mentioned; I spent 29 years in the Army. Beards verboten and mustaches frowned upon for Officers. Everytime I went on leave SWMBO would hide my razor and dread the day I shaved to return to duty. As soon as I retired she said "goatee" although what she really meant was a "van dyke". She actually doesn't like it this long (which continued for another month) but my son said "cool Dad. You look like a Civil War General or something."

goat.JPG

Hair won't grow on my face. It will grow on my neck and under my chin, but for some reason the grain goes left to right, so if I don't shave I end up with a crooked neck beard. I managed to keep a goat beard going for a while off the bottom of my chin, but I had to use my wife's hair straightener to make it not point sideways, which was a pain in the ass.

Those of you who can grow beards, I hope you appreciate it and don't take it for granted. A local brewery here had a seasonal beer last called Beard Envy Brown, which I thought pretty funny.

Latest posts

Back