Tips for NY/Brooklyn

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shenanigans

Reaction score
Hi All,

3 friends and I all from Ireland celebrate our 40th birthday's this year and decided to make a trip to New York in May to celebrate.
We will be there for 4 nights and staying in the Williamsburg area.
Of course we plan on doing the touristy things and going into the city centre too.

Anyway I'm the only home brewer from the group but the others are into the craft beer scene too. Do you have any tips for good craft beer bars? Maybe ones with good happy hour deals during the week or an extraordinary selection of beers on tap or just a great atmosphere and/or food.

I'd also like to pay a visit to a homebrew shop to pick up a few things I can't get in Europe, which is Honey Malt and Simpsons Golden oats and when I'm there maybe a pound of Centennial.

I just did a quick search and found Bitter and Esters in Brooklyn but a pound of Centennial costs $32 dollars plus tax there. That's almost if not more expensive than buying them here in Europe.
Any other local shops with better hop prices?
I got a pound for 20 dollars in a shop in Seattle; are the hops really that much more expensive on the East Coast?

Thanks in advance for any tips and advice!

:mug:

Latest posts

Back