tiny snifters?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bwomp313

Reaction score
I was in this awesome local shop that specializes in craft beers and local cheeses and they have a few beers on tap that you can get growlers of or have a pint of and such. If you ask for a sample, they give you these teeny tiny little snifters for your samples. I really wanna find me some of these and was wondering if anyone knew where I might be able to find some for a not ridiculously expensive sort of price?

Did they look like these?

IrishReds3and4.jpg

I got some of those tiny snifters a long time ago. About the size you might drink cognac out of. If you ever watched M*A*S*H,they're the ones Winchester was drinking out of with the English doctor on the episode where Winchester falls for the French nurse. Great taster size. My son told me World Market carries some nice glasses for beer & wine as well. Also check the dollar stores.

I picked up two sets of smaller snifters from Cigar City brewing, one set to replace the set I broke, and I broke the second set!! Make sure you get some thicker glasses because they might be fragile. Or maybe I'm just an ogre

The shape you're looking for might be more easily found online as single malt or scotch glasses. The pictures in Chuginator's post are a great example. Those are usually sold as scotch glasses.

Perhaps this or this? They only hold 170 ml or 200 ml, respectively. The later would be perfect if splitting a 12 oz. bottle between two people as long as there isn't too much head.

Last edited by a moderator:
they're more along the lines of what shuggy posted but i'm not sure how much they hold. i can't imagine they held more than 4 oz

It could have been a 5.5 oz. I have the 11.5 oz version and they aren't very big. Here is a pic of an 11.5 oz glass next to a 12 oz bottle. The 5.5 should be about half the size.
100_3912.jpg

I was in this awesome local shop that specializes in craft beers and local cheeses and they have a few beers on tap that you can get growlers of or have a pint of and such. If you ask for a sample, they give you these teeny tiny little snifters for your samples. I really wanna find me some of these and was wondering if anyone knew where I might be able to find some for a not ridiculously expensive sort of price?

Check out garage/yard/estate sales. Also flea markets. I found a lot of them them at great prices.:mug:

Check out garage/yard/estate sales. Also flea markets. I found a lot of them them at great prices.:mug:

yeah good point. brand new online they're pretty expensive. maybe i'll wait for the warmer weather when there's a huge flea market near me

Just found these at jcpenny 27$ for 12 they also have same size wine glasses made by libby 5.5 oz

ForumRunner_20111219_174510.jpg

Back