Tincture addition

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mauer_62

Reaction score
I trying to find the normal tincture addition to a 5 gallon batch. This is my first tincture addition and tyring not to make the beer undrinkable. I brewed a pale ale with a abv 0f 5.3.

What's a tincture addition. Never heard of it only tincture of iodine to check for conversion during a mash.

(1 drop of Iodine to a tiny sample of wort (1tsp or 1 tbsp))

I'm sure I've got the wrong end of the stick but don't add tincture of iodine to anything that you are going to eat or drink. It is a poison and labeled as such.

I trying to find the normal tincture addition to a 5 gallon batch. This is my first tincture addition and tyring not to make the beer undrinkable. I brewed a pale ale with a abv 0f 5.3.

What kind of tincture are you trying to make?

With my chocolate tinctures, I use 4oz cacao nibs with 8oz vodka and let it soak at least a week, shaking it when I can. With absorption, I get around 6oz of end product that I use in my choc stout.

i made a dill tincture. i used 8 oz of everclear and 6 oz of fresh dill. i did add 6 oz of fresh dill to the boil. once primary is complete i will sample the taste/aroma and add the tincture in secondary. this is my first time brewing this beer so i guess it may be a learn as we go beer

I use big tinctures for chocolate or coffee, I would go sparingly on spices/herbs.
however...WHAT BEER USES DILL:confused::confused:

well i live in a town called dillsburg and im thinking of something different for the local home brew festival. so hey why not? right? im sure everyone who heard someone using jalapleno's in their beer was crazy. not so crazy anymore? im just trying to find something different that no one else is offering in a beer.

Back