Time Spent on Homebrewing each week.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrclasen

Reaction score
I was just curious, but how much time would everyone would say that they spend on home brewing each month?

Not much, maybe 4 hours a month as I rarely brew more than one batch. Not a heavy drinker.

Best guess, probably between 10 to 15 hours per month. That's a couple of AG brew days and then the other assorted things that go along with homebrewing (ie. kegging, cleaning, sanitizing, cleaning beer lines, etc).

I would say about 20 hours a month. That's 2 brew days and all the transferring, kegging etc. My brew day is typically a little longer then most, but I will be cutting a lot of that down once I start brewing outside. My last brew day took 10.5 hours. But SWMBO and the kids definitely helped draw this out some.

Probably 20hrs a month. That would be 2 AG batches, a GF beer batch, a wine, and some other assorted alcoholic beverage. Of course, most of that time is just sitting around drinking...

Are you asking about just brew time, or time spent on HBT? Those answers are completely different.... :mug:

10-15 hours a week maybe. 4-5 hour brewday on the weekend, an hour or so looking on HBT, 2-3 hours playing with recipes on beersmith, maybe 30 minutes a day reading books.

I do 2 ten gallon batches per session. I do 2 sessions a month. I would say I spend about 20-25 hors a month, including cleaning, sanitizing, and kegging.

I do three 10g batches a month plus kegging, occasional bottling, sanitizing, yeast washing, recipe research/formulation, HBT, etc. I brew for neighbors, friends, even a couple weddings this year.

So, probably 30-40 hours a month

Considering Americans spend 150+ hours watching TV a month, at least I'm being productive and contributing to society. (source: NielsenWire):mug:

I probably spend 15-20 hours a month depending on how many times I brew.

My normal brewing is once a month, which is all of 6 hours. But add in all the HBT time, and I'm way over 100 easy. I fear the day my IT department blocks HBT at work.

I only brew one 5 gallon AG batch a month. So directly brewing and cleaning and maybe kegging, 8 hours a month I guess. Researching, planning and equipment upgrades probably adds another 25 hours a month. So 30-35 hours total.

Probably about 6-8 hours a month for brewing, cleaning, kegging etc. Another 5 hours a month for system upgrades like building a keezer and another 40... yes forty here on homebrewtalk.

I just made the switch to AG, and the first batch was around a 5.5 hour day, so not too bad. I might do 2 batches a month, so we'll round up with bottling etc and say 12-14 hours just brewing. HBT is another story...a friend wants to get into brewing and I told him about this site and how I measure my time in days, not hours.

I like the big day concept. Cleanup is the worst aspect of brewing! I spend probably 20 hours a month directly related to brewing and God knows how much time thinking about brewing, planning equipment upgrades, writing and rewriting recipes, and HBT. Also, don't forget all the "research" and homebrew "evaluation." I guess the majority of my month is spent on beer in one way or another!:tank:

i brew five gallon batches, usually one a week (i like small batches because i like to brew more often) so that's about 20 hours brewing, probably another 10 hours tinkering in my homebrewpub, and i really shouldn't think about how much time on HBT...i'd need a calculator...or calendar.

I'm a noob, so I spend a lot of time here on the boards and doing other research. I did a brew late last month and one yesterday. So actual brewing about 4-5 hours. Research and reading about 1-2 hours a day. I was really happy from grabbing the first brew item yesterday to putting the final item down after clean up (not including drying time) was exactly 4 hours.

Back