Micromatic Side Pull Faucet

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have two of the Micromatics and don't regret the purchases at all. I can do all the "Czech" pours (including the "slow pour" which is a North American invention), just like I've seen done with Lukr faucets. And it doesn't require an adapter and doesn't stick way out from the keezer like a Lukr.

One thing though...there's no manual/parts breakdown available, or at least there wasn't when I bought mine. May be time to search again. It would be nice to be able to fix them someday if that becomes necessary.

I have two of the Micromatics and don't regret the purchases at all. I can do all the "Czech" pours (including the "slow pour" which is a North American invention), just like I've seen done with Lukr faucets. And it doesn't require an adapter and doesn't stick way out from the keezer like a Lukr.

One thing though...there's no manual/parts breakdown available, or at least there wasn't when I bought mine. May be time to search again. It would be nice to be able to fix them someday if that becomes necessary.
Perfect! I have one on the way. I’m a big fan of Czech lagers but I don’t brew them because they are always so much better when served properly.

Perfect! I have one on the way. I’m a big fan of Czech lagers but I don’t brew them because they are always so much better when served properly.

I recommend not limiting the faucet to only Czech lagers. I use mine for pretty much any lager. And Altbier, etc. It's nice to be able to add a (more or less) controlled amount of creamy foam. The odd thing is, I used to have all "creamer" faucets (also from micromatic), but they didn't really do what their "swing lever" faucet can do. Or maybe I'm just trying harder now.

I recommend not limiting the faucet to only Czech lagers. I use mine for pretty much any lager. And Altbier, etc. It's nice to be able to add a (more or less) controlled amount of creamy foam. The odd thing is, I used to have all "creamer" faucets (also from micromatic), but they didn't really do what their "swing lever" faucet can do. Or maybe I'm just trying harder now.
I do enjoy me some head 🤣.

In fact, I add 5% chit or wheat to almost every recipe to make sure I get it.

I do enjoy me some head 🤣.

In fact, I add 5% chit or wheat to almost every recipe to make sure I get it.

Speaking of foam, I thought I knew pretty much everything about it (yeah, right). I even plunked down big bucks for Bamforth's rather thin book, "Foam." So today I watched a video where Charlie mentioned rather emphatically that one (or two) of the most important things you can do for foam is (are) mash at the highest practical temperature, at a low pH. I need to re-read "Foam," but I don't think Charlie directly mentioned that in the book, though my memory might be like that kitchen utensil thing with the holes in it, what's it called?

Back