Time solves all things?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lgilmore

Reaction score
Just wondering a few things as I am a few days away from first bottling.

1. yeast fermentation processes at a higher temp 74-76, creates a stronger alcohol flavor? How quickly does it go away? Add a week extra in bottles.

2. Cold crashing secondary fermentor in mini fridge. Primary for 1 week, secondary 2 weeks (3 days in mini). Should this also create an extra week? Or one week solves both?

3. Bottling on 10/14 with the goal of drinking thanksgiving week. Is that enough time? 3 weeks prime and secondary combined, then about 4-5 weeks in bottles.

Is a good rule of thumb 6 weeks and everything else is bonus?

I can chime in for the bottle conditioning and mention that I wait at least 2 weeks in bottle before its ready... but I get impatient and definitely start "tasting" about a 1 1/2 weeks into bottling. Every batch I have done has been like this and from when I start tasting to about 2 1/2 weeks in you experience a HUGE difference, it gets so much better. If you are waiting 4-5 weeks before drinking I think you will be greatly pleased with the taste and consistency of taste in your brew.

Afterthought: That's usually around the time when I start to run out too heh...

I was distracted when i read your post...:drunk:

To give a simpler answer, I would say 6 months is definitely plenty of time

Back