time for a tap party

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MattGuk

Reaction score
so the wife is out on her Christmas work party, and i decided to have a lads night and fortunatly i have just casked a beer that is ready, my FUBAR esb.
Happy day

IMG_20141122_203454.jpg

How do you keep it pressurized?

I assume you are using natural carbonation (priming sugar), so doesn't it start to get flat near the end?

Just interested.

How do you keep it pressurized?

I assume you are using natural carbonation (priming sugar), so doesn't it start to get flat near the end?

Just interested.

to be honest, draught beer here in the uk, or REAL ALE as we call it, is exactly that..... flat.
I didnt prime this at all.
I do like fizz to some summer ales, but draught beer is all about real ageing and not letting co2 do the job for us.

to be honest, draught beer here in the uk, or REAL ALE as we call it, is exactly that..... flat.
I didnt prime this at all.
I do like fizz to some summer ales, but draught beer is all about real ageing and not letting co2 do the job for us.

I think you will find 'REAL ALE' is primed in the cask .... or at least added to the cask before fermentation is finished to prime.

I've drunk a lot of 'REAL ALE', and none was flat that I can remember. I am from the UK and was around at the start of the CAMRA.

You might want to try priming the beer when you put it in the keg.

Back