Tilt Simulator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poupou

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Today I had both an idea and some time to update my BLE-WiFi bridge for my tilt hydrometers.

However my tilts were busy doing their real job... and I did not feel like moving the laptop in the freezer 🥶

I did have a few ESP32 controllers doing nothing that, unlike fermentation, could not be interrupted. Yet another project was born :)

I'm hoping this could prove useful to others doing similar projects.

Happy New Year!

tilt-app.png

Feeling like there is a lot of info missing here....

Sorry. I thought the title, along with the screenshot, would be clear.

What is it? A simple tool that use an ESP32-based controller to simulate one (or many) Tilt hydrometers.

How ? A single controller can broadcast, over Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE), the same signal that one (or all 16) Tilt hydrometer(s) normally do.

Why ? To make it easier to create and debug software/hardware that works with Tilts hydrometers, without buying a lot of Tilts (or removing them from their primary purpose).

Unlikely to be directly useful for most brewers but if it helps any other do-it-yourselfer, beside me, then it was worth sharing.

Cheers!

Sorry. I thought the title, along with the screenshot, would be clear.

What is it? A simple tool that use an ESP32-based controller to simulate one (or many) Tilt hydrometers.

How ? A single controller can broadcast, over Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE), the same signal that one (or all 16) Tilt hydrometer(s) normally do.

Why ? To make it easier to create and debug software/hardware that works with Tilts hydrometers, without buying a lot of Tilts (or removing them from their primary purpose).

Unlikely to be directly useful for most brewers but if it helps any other do-it-yourselfer, beside me, then it was worth sharing.

Cheers!

This is great.

I worked with @Thorrak to hack together a simple program to emulate Tilts about a week ago but your application is much nicer.

Thank you for sharing.

I'm back to work today so my free time will slow down... but, at some point, I want to complete the companion app. The goal is to be able to feed existing tilt log file(s) back to the simulator to "play" it/them again, either at normal or (likely more useful) higher speed.

Back