Throwing hops in a boiling pot.....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ck1950

Reaction score
I can't think of a better smell than throwing hops in a boiling pot of wort on a cold winters day outside! Jalapeño ale coming up...

It really is a wonderful smell eh? Last weekend when brewing my wife finally told me "that smells really good!"

I thought she'd never come around!

I have given up on my Wife liking anything I brew, sorry honey I am not going to brew a bud light lime!

It really is a wonderful smell eh? Last weekend when brewing my wife finally told me "that smells really good!"

I thought she'd never come around!

Really? My girlfriend complaining that the house stinks is how I know it's going to be good!

Really? My girlfriend complaining that the house stinks is how I know it's going to be good!

My thoughts exactly.

I love the smell, but she hates it.

I keep the window cracked and it has gotten better, but hops in a boiling pot smells amazing.

the reason why the BigHair bought me a turkey fryer. get me brewing outside.

don't know if I'm ever going to get her around to liking the smell of boiling hops

don't have to, really... as long as she likes the end result

My wife likes hops, but she doesn't like to smell my brewing, especially when she was pregnant . She bought me my brewpot and my first Cajun Cooker so I could move out the garage.

Mashing in, or boiling a decoction smell great too. My wife likes the malt aroma, but she hasn't come around to liking hops yet. Both her and my son hate hops.

Back