Thoughts on Beverage Fridge for Ferm. Chamber?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jspain3

Reaction score
I'm currently working on building a BrewPi but haven't sourced a mini fridge for the project yet. I've found a couple of beverage refrigerators on craigslist recently that look enticing because they would require no modifications while many of the mini fridges look like they'd need some work to get a ferm bucket to fit.

Other than allowing light in (which I guess I could cover up with spray paint) is there anything fundamentally wrong with picking up something like this?

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/app/4734926101.html

It'd be nice to just hook it up and go rather than add another project to my list.

Those fridges tend to be electricity hogs. I use 3 larger ones in my business. That is my only complaint with them.

I went a similar route, with one of those ice cream freezers with the sliding glass top doors. Covered the glass with aluminum foil to block out light.

Back