Thought I would share this great deal!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got around to brewing this thing...

Looks like I am the only one who couldn't get the OG ... mine came in at only 1.036 so down in the 3.5% range. Not sure what I did differently, so...oh well...I like low ABV brews.

...I do need a bigger brew kettle, so maybe that had some impact.

img_0304---copy-68421.jpg

I had a keg issue and the beer did not carb, poured completely flat but had a nice hoppy aroma. Move to a second keg and did some rolling to force carb and over did it a bit. Hard to pour but the rocky head looks nice and leaves some lace. Clarity is not that bad but it was clearer prior to transferring to the second keg.

I did a 30min full volume boil using this hop schedule;
1oz nugget 30min
1oz comet 15min
1oz amarillo 5min
2oz centennial dry hopped in the keg

fermented with WLP007 slurry I had on hand

Been a while since I did a extract beer and ended up a bit low on gravity so added some sugar to get it to 1049, finished at 1012.

Prior to kegging I got a bit of fruitiness but the dry hop centennial hops pretty much dominate the flavor now. Got decent aroma from dry hopping the two ounces that came with the kit.

The smell of the wort boiling brought back memories of my early brewing days, it was an enjoyable brew night. I think I will do more extract beers in future when I am running short on time.

I'm glad all these beers turned out for ya'll. I was excited about the deal and it being my first brew. Had to share the deal. I've been on F.H. Steinbart about putting on more specials. Their flavor profiles are dank and are a great beer!!

Back