this might seem stupid, but...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why not get an actual CO2 tank and force carb that way? The bicycle pump and the balloon make me shudder.

I guess it could work, but man, that is ghetto fabulous. Like fingers said, get a co2 tank and save yourself the trouble. It astounds me that someone took the time to figure that out.

I can understand his point of being au natural with the trapped Co2 from the airlock, but yes, bottled gas would be easier.:D How would one hook up a system from tank fitting to (mystery bung fitting here) that would force carb, AND be a propulsion system for a tap, even a simple picnic tap?

If you can get the fittings to hook a bicycle pump, you can use them to attach a CO2 hose. Without actually looking at one I can't comment on specifics but it would be an interesting challenge. Let us know if you figure it out.

i got a little cross-eyed with the thread, but that would seem to work, using the system outside the fridge and then just storing the carbonated keg, not the whole system. does anyone know of a valve system that could be hooked onto a 5# tank with a dual regulator and then piped to the bung without having to make one from scratch? i am used to DIY projects from work and my other hobby, gunsmithing, but it could save time and headaches if there was a system out there that had the bung fitting already.

Back