Third AG, first REAL batch

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

idover

Reaction score
I've been brewing about seven months now, and today finished my third AG. I created the entire recipe on paper using these forums, wiki, and calculations from 'How to Brew' and 'Designing Great Beers'. I'm proud to say that even with a stuck sparge that cost me a while to resolve, I hit my gravities! My previous two fell way short.

The moral here is that if an idiot like me can do it, any one can.

Thanks,
Isaac

I love hand-calculating! Designing Great Beers is awesome, right? I wish everyone had that book and the golden knowledge contained within.

congrats on the numbers

Thanks! Oddly, I write software for a living, but love pencil and paper math. Designing is a great book. I used it for most of the ingredients and used Palmer's calcs that helped scale up properly and with proper mash amounts.

Thanks,
Isaac

I have my 3rd AG (also completely designed by yours truely) in the primary for 4 days now! I can't wait until this one is finished. I think the anticipation is even worse than my very first batch of brew!

Back