thinking about getting a keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cookie1980

Reaction score
hi i have been thinking about buying a pressurised keg, just have a few quick questions.
how do u guys keep the keg chilled.. do u have a small fridge ect and is it best to get co2 canister, or just add priming sugar as normal thanks in advance

You will need a small fridge and a CO2 tank. I have herd of people using sugar to carbonate the beer as usual so less CO2 is used, but you will still need the gas to push the beer out.

also been looking at Kegerator wow they are great.. dont know anything about these tho

Totally worth the investment! Just got mine about 2-3 weeks ago off a Craigslist (got it for a steal...), and although it took a bit of $ to get the dual-tap tower, fill the CO2 & other misc. hardware, the beer honestly tastes 100x better and it will save my back from bottling (priceless!).

There are so many directions you can go with kegging. I think you should read a lot on this forum to figure out what you want. This will help you figure out what you need.

I went with a chest freezer and temp controller. Built a collar and have my faucets coming out of that.

I carb with CO2.

Back