think i could mount this on the Bayou Classic SQ-14?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really? That burner looks insane. Is it that the Bayou is more efficient or is that jet burner not as awesome as it looks?

Really? That burner looks insane. Is it that the Bayou is more efficient or is that jet burner not as awesome as it looks?

I agree those burners do look bad. They are basically wok burners and designed to run at wide open throttle. Each of the individual gas jets has it's own individual (non-adjustable) air intake. The air/fuel ratio runs rich at lower flame settings and this typically results in a lot of soot and probably excessive CO output. IMO, the stock burner is much better suited to home brewing use and it has plenty of power to spare. If you want max horsepower, it's hard to beat the big 10" Banjo type burners. I'm still partial to the stock SQ-14 burners as they have excellent flame control at any level and they put out plenty of heat.

Check the website.... it was such a cool response that I might order one just for the hell of it this is a quote from the website. The edit is theirs not mine.....EDIT: This just went out of stock. Probably due to the "Homebrew Finds Effect" as it's becoming known :)

I agree those burners do look bad. They are basically wok burners and designed to run at wide open throttle. Each of the individual gas jets has it's own individual (non-adjustable) air intake. The air/fuel ratio runs rich at lower flame settings and this typically results in a lot of soot and probably excessive CO output. IMO, the stock burner is much better suited to home brewing use and it has plenty of power to spare. If you want max horsepower, it's hard to beat the big 10" Banjo type burners. I'm still partial to the stock SQ-14 burners as they have excellent flame control at any level and they put out plenty of heat.

Ahh ok that makes sense thanks for the explaination.

Back