Think I can get this to work for a Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bryanjints

Reaction score
The height won't be a problem if I bend down the bottom portion of the freezer element. Width might be tight with 2 in there but I think it will work.

How can I get the hoses up through the top through the draft tower? If I leave the top of the freezer element like it is and just bend the bottom half down will it be okay if the lines are laying on top of it or do you think they will freeze?

Thoughts and suggestions welcome.

IMAG0216.jpg

I got a mini fridge from a friend and I had to bend the freezer part back as well. For some reason I think it totally throws the temp off. I bought a thermometer and keep it inside to check on it and at the lowest setting (which should be warmest) it stays at 37 degrees. Doesn't freeze so that's good! Ice cold beer!

Was your fridge like this one, where the freezer element is a C shape?

Did you just turn the bottom portion down?

Did you run lines up through a draft tower?

I plan to run the lines up through the top. I don't think I will find too many people who have used this exact fridge before. It is at least 15 years old and a Danby brand. It gets very cold. Seems like the newer Danby's are not as good as the old ones.

I think I am going to insulate the beer lines that are going to be very close to the freezer element.

Nah mine was a U shape and didn't have any cooling stuff on the top. I don't have a faucet mounted yet.

U shape C shape...same thing No? When I say C shape really it is more like a U on it's side.

Nah mine was a different brand I forget now. I mean a U shape because it has side and a bottom and screws to the top. So the top isn't part of the freezer box...ya know?

Back