things to do in chicago

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gator

Reaction score
need some help w/ places to go/see and things to drink/eat in chicago.

the wife and i are heading out july 9, gonna catch a cubs game at wrigley (been a cubs fan for as long as i can remember so this is the big thing) BUT need some other ideas.

thanks for any ideas

gator

Goose Island Brewpub. Not the over-crowded one in wrigleyville... go to the one on Clybourn... it's the original location and it's closing sometime this year. It is not to be missed.

Also, there's Piece brewpub. Never been there. Within 40 miles of downtown you have Three Floyds brewpub. There is also the Flossmor brew pub which is excellent- it's made from an old train station.

Out in the burbs you have 2 brothers brewing, Walter Payton's roundhouse, and Emmit's Ale House (?).

While your there, check out the Map room.

Also, if you can afford it, you might try to make reservations at the Signature room. If you can't afford it, then go up there for an overpriced drink. It's 9/10ths the view that you get from the Sears Tower and you get a good drink instead of buying tickets for an elevator ride- the price is comparable.

If you don't mind getting into sketchier neighborhoods and eating at dives, the best burritos on the planet are at La Pasadita. There's 4 of them, all by the same name, on the same block, so you can't miss them.

The Shedd Aquarium! It's the best aquarium I've been to - plus, MrFebtober proposed to me right outside there. ;)

I second Goose Island brewpub - it was a lot of fun, and they had a lot of beer you can't buy in stores.

Definitely check out The Beer Bistro. Best place I have had a beer in the city so far. Check out the menu on their site. www.thebeerbistro.com
There are MANY beers that are not listed online that they have too. I think they are up to around 140.

Latest posts

Back