Things about your co-workers that annoy you

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm a teacher, but I work in a multimillion dollar facility. I work in rooms (recording/mixing/post production studios) that may see 7 different instructors in a week. There is a set default for every room that is called "zeroed" or "zeroed out". We work in three week cycles and the curriculum repeats with a new group of students every three weeks (the students get a total of 12 cycles {36 weeks}). Every week 2 Friday I run into problems because the instructor that had the room before me (I know who it is, but will not mention his name) failed to zero out the room the day before. It's annoying that I have to fix someone's problem during my instruction time simply because they were too lazy to fix it their damn selves.

I just remembered this one.

The last two places I've worked I had a coworker who clipped his or her toenails at their desk.

But that pales in comparison to the guy who did it in the first class cabin on a trans Atlantic flight.

In what culture is that considered acceptable?

when I visited England (Newcastle), I had observed many people (including myself) urinating in public. maybe it's in pretty much every culture...

Toenails? Like, take off your loafers and socks, then clip in your cube? Or are flip flops standard footwear? 'Cause flip flops and clipping is okay where I work.

I used to clip my nails in my office. There was only one other guy and he said he didn't mind. Now I wonder if he was grossed out by it.

when I visited England (Newcastle), I had observed many people (including myself) urinating in public. maybe it's in pretty much every culture...

It's a common occurrence in France, too. First time I visited Strasbourg, I was standing on a busy intersection, waiting to cross the street. Some businessman in a suit, standing a few feet away, just whipped it out and relieved himself along the curb. He didn't even bother to turn around, just kept facing the street while he took a leak.

Does the sun shine on his desk?

In my office, the people who have the worst problems with sun glare are not the people sitting next to the windows.

Thank you LEED design standards.

Does the sun shine on his desk?

In my office, the people who have the worst problems with sun glare are not the people sitting next to the windows.

Thank you LEED design standards.

I hate LEED with a passion...they act like they invented ecological design, but its all economics based.

I hate LEED with a passion...they act like they invented ecological design, but its all economics based.

Of course it is. Its a certification. Basically a piece of paper saying you can charge more for the same work because you 'agree' with their 'best practice' standard.

So my acting manager becomes personally abusive and accuses me of both professional and criminal misconduct during a disagreement on standard operating procedures.

My side of the argument wins out with upper management.

And now I'm being called in for insubordination.

So my acting manager becomes personally abusive and accuses me of both professional and criminal misconduct during a disagreement on standard operating procedures.

Might as well key his car so they have something to talk to you about

Sounds like my life a little as of late. My suggestion is simply to become a yes man. Solves quite a few problems in the work place, and since it's always a superior giving the instructions or suggestions the famous "I was informed to perform this task in that fashion" works like a charm.

My problem is I can't stand people who are misinformed or simply incorrect being in a position of authority. This is way to just remove myself (often correct) from the equation and move on with the day.

Sounds like my life a little as of late. My suggestion is simply to become a yes man. Solves quite a few problems in the work place, and since it's always a superior giving the instructions or suggestions the famous "I was informed to perform this task in that fashion" works like a charm.

My problem is I can't stand people who are misinformed or simply incorrect being in a position of authority. This is way to just remove myself (often correct) from the equation and move on with the day.
To heck with that. He was accused of wrongdoing by his superior, upper management sided with him, which got his superior butthurt, so now he's got a target on his back. I'd be running that thing up the ladder so fast my superior wouldn't know what hit him when his termination notice landed on his desk.

Yeah, what a scam. Fortunately it seems to have been short lived.

We were designing a new building on campus and someone decreed that it must be LEED certified. We hired a special architect, brought in a team of consultants to teach us all about the process.

After a week of meetings they told us we should be pretty close to getting gold. They said don't worry if we're a few points short because we could buy the necessary points.

Once you've been through the process, it's easy to see it for what it is.

anyone who welds in my area at night. they move my weld horses, mess with my settings, change out brand new cones/tips/insulators on my gun, don't clean my gun, and run me out of shield gas. and they never replace the anti-spatter they use. I need a floccin' clone of me to work in my area at night.

Damn night shifts. They're all the same. Screwing with stuff trying to look like they did something and not doing what they're actually supposed to.

/Shields raised :p

They spend the day looking up tennis shoe releases and unboxing videos of said shoes while I do something productive like hang out on HBT. I do manage to get 3X the work done though.

Why do they do things that make absolutely no sense to me. What is the attraction to shoes? I hate shoes.

Damn night shifts. They're all the same. Screwing with stuff trying to look like they did something and not doing what they're actually supposed to.

/Shields raised :p

Damn dayshift people always whining about how hard they have it compared to us nightshift people cause all we do is sleep instead of doing any real work :)

"uhhhhh quick question?"

Your question is already unbearably tedious.

1ed8e7031bbdf3cb516c93e3df317cae2ec5eae974dccce19b9d99f7fc270bd6.jpg

Zuljin said:

/Shields raised
I find it's actually much more difficult to look busy doing nothing as compared to being genuinely busy.

I hate working with people who are too impatient to read your whole email or too incurious to learn about a work item that actually needs to be explained, but I will take ten of those people before talking to someone who takes ten minutes to explain to you how they have already answered their own question.

I have a really good one today. Co-workers who make changes that affect everybody, without considering the problems it is going to cause to everybody else in the organization, or discussing it with anyone, or even notifying anyone that they are doing it until after it has been done. Had some genius who is working on upgrating our mail to a newer version, decommission the old mail servers and now everyone is calling up with mail connection and sending problems.

I really really need a mental health day.

Pet peeve: co-workers who drag out an already long and tedious meeting by asking questions that don't concern anyone else in the group or the case we're working on. Questions that are specific only to the needs of the person asking, and could be better addressed one-on-one via email after the meeting.

the co-worker that comes in late and then talks to others about last nights baseball game for 15 minutes before actually doing anything that resembles work.

Pet peeve: co-workers who drag out an already long and tedious meeting by asking questions that don't concern anyone else in the group or the case we're working on. Questions that are specific only to the needs of the person asking, and could be better addressed one-on-one via email after the meeting.

Had one of these this morning. F.

Co-workes who intentionally go to break and lunch Late, which in turn puts more work on everyone else because they are being selfish. Their reason for doing so "they don't server lunch until after 10:30" . My reply "Well then Mofo why don't you get a shift that starts before 6AM?" I hate these people. :mad:

Customers who eat on the Phone. Man that Urks me!!!!!

What about people who talk on the phone while on the terlit? Or talk to you on the phone while eating and on the commode.

As if the echos did not give you away.

How about, while we are on the topic of phones, those people who insist on talking to you over speakerphone and are inscessantly rustling papers/making all kind of background noise so you cant hear them?

What about people who talk on the phone while on the terlit? Or talk to you on the phone while eating and on the commode.

As if the echos did not give you away.

How about, while we are on the topic of phones, those people who insist on talking to you over speakerphone and are inscessantly rustling papers/making all kind of background noise so you cant hear them?

Yes all these people can take a flying leap. :rockin:

Honestly there isn't anyone left to annoy me. My company had about 6,000 employees as of last summer. We are now down to less than 15. I've got at least 10,000 sf to myself.

Back