Thick krausen crusted in bucket?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

natural

Reaction score
Hey,

So I took a peek inside my primary and where the krausen reached and foamed up to has now dropped and there's still foam onto. It's been 6 days since I made the batch and there's this brown collided thick ring around where the krausen had reached up to crusted onto the bucket. It looks scary haha. Is that normal?

Haha good news then. The first batch I had done was not like that but it was also a no boil boxed kit. I hate waiting to taste this batch!

Somebody on here once described what it should look like, and I can only paraphrase, "If it looks like a gang of monkeys had a poo fight in there, you're golden!" I gotta find that one again, made me laugh.

EDIT: Found it, put into signature for posterity.

Ahh Patience natural. If your directions say to secondary for 1-2 weeks let it sit 3-4 weeks. Youll be glad you did.

Just remember, OxyClean is your friend. When you are ready to clean just give it a good OxyClean soak and that crust with disappear without brushing/scrubbing.

Back