They say you always remember the first time.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danweasel

Reaction score
So, I am brewing a stout right now and I have an English pale ale bottle conditioning too. That is beside the point though-I made my first good beer!

It was an Irish red that Forrest from Austin Homebrew gave me the recipe for. I accidentally doubled the 120 but it tastes good. In no way would it be a competition beer but it has no weird aftertastes (or foretastes for that matter) and a great head. What more do you want from me?! Hahahaha. Anyways, thanks to everyone on here that helped me regardless of if you knew it or not. Especially Forrest.

It's on.

Dan

Congrats, I know how ya feel. My first brew was decent. My second brew, a porter, has been bottled for 3 weeks and I just tried one last night. I freakin loved it. I can't wait for a couple of more weeks for my amber that I bottled last week. Way to go man.

Good job on the first brew...does it taste better because you made it? I think the best thing is that it is drinkable...what more can you ask for?

My first beer just hit the 24 hour mark of fermentation, a simcoe, citra-hopped apa with pacman yeast eating up the goodies. The yeast are going crazy....I hope it is drinkable too!

Back