Thermostips

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C-Rider

HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Not sure which number on the thermostrip is the one I should be reading. A bout 3 have color differences from the rest.

In abscence of anything from the manufacturer I would go with the highest reading of the 3.

Keep in mind that the actual wort temp can be as much as 5 degrees higher than the temp of the outside of the fermenter, which is actually what the stick on thermometer is reading and showing.

I know on our, it says to read the green color. I've always viewed them as something that will get you close to the actual temperature - within say 2 degrees F - but aren't meant to give you an exact temperature reading. It'll let you know if you're in the ball park.

Yes, you read the green color. Sorta like the old mood rings. Blue is close. I tested the strip's temp with my All-Temp laser thermometer, & found the strip's temp to be with .2-.3 of actual temp. On average, that is. So they're a lot more accurate at sensing internal temp than you think by sensing skin temp. :mug:

Back