Thermometer!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Wow. I've done 8 batches of beer so far, all grain except for one. Then, I bought an RT600C thermometer. Shortly after buying it, I discovered that my old thermometer was off by 7 degrees, low. I feel like I'm starting over.

But now maybe, I'll get results that I'm looking for.

Hey josephryanevan, what brand and type was your old thermometer? Im concerned I could be having the same issue. :/

My old on est was just a simple analog meet thermo. It didn't have any calibration capabilities.

That's ok. You just check boiling and freezing, and then make a correction - either a chart or a simple spreadsheet formula. Or if it's off by the same amount at both points, it's just a simple add or subtract a certain number of degrees.

Ah, awesome! Thanks for the tip! I'm actually past the point of no return on a brew today. But, that'llcome in handy before the next brew day. :)

That's ok. You just check boiling and freezing, and then make a correction - either a chart or a simple spreadsheet formula. Or if it's off by the same amount at both points, it's just a simple add or subtract a certain number of degrees.

I need a replacement for my old meat thermometer that died on me. After spending few hours reading several guides, I bought the Harbor Instant Read Thermometer and have used it since then. The thermometer is accurate, easy to read, use and clean.
39ijKaS.jpg

Back