Thermometer/Brewpot Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluespook

Reaction score
I picked up a used 10 gal SS pot with a spigot and a welded nipple above it for, I'm guessing, a temp gauge. Eyeballing it, I'd say it was a 3/4 inch threaded nipple. I use the pot for extract brewing and would like now to add a temp gauge. Where is a good place to buy such gauges...on line? And what makes should I be looking for? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Did I put this in the wrong forum??

No, this is the right forum. Others, like myself, might not know what you are describing. As always, pictures would be a great help.

Try searching Austin Homebrew, Midwest Homebrew, and Morebeer, they all might carry the part you're looking for.

A Blichmann brewmometer or similar might fit the bill.

Blichmann has 2 types. One screws into a fitting like you have, and the other is "weldless" which is made to seal to a hole just drilled in a pot.

The screw-in model is a 1/2" NPT thread, so if you really have a 3/4" port, you may require a 3/4" to 1/2" reducer bushing.

Northern Brewer carries the Brewmometer.
B3 sells a similiar thermometer from Fermentap.

Back