The yeast that would not die

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

78kombi

Reaction score
Um , so i was working in the yard cutting some brush and i stepped into this big squishy thing. I look down and see this tan glob, about 18inches across round and about 10 inches thick, wtf is it? Ohh its the yeast i dumped near the stone wall last year! It grew?! This was the trub of a 5 gallon batch now its huge! And still alive? It actually looks healthy, it was covered in leaves and the worms in the ground near it are about 10" long! Should i leave it? Kill it? Or um brew a batch??

Uh run is my take that son of a bit** is coming for ya !!!1 it's pissed you took it away from the beer and it's been hangin' on just wainting for the chance....

Make some zombie juice out of it or sacrifice a small animal on its behalf but whatever you do, do it quick before you wake up next to your clone in the morning...

attachment.php

Ok pics, but there is a black pudding skin covering it, so i guess in the name of science ill hafta scrape it off and *blech! Take a pic, but ya know it has no smell. And its texture is like a creamy clay.
It haunts me.

BREW WITH IT! something simple, high abv! and call it "HELL SPAWN" most people around here are too scared to be different! (and we know by now that nothing that grows in beer can kill ya.......(yawn!!)

BREW WITH IT! something simple, high abv! and call it "HELL SPAWN" most people around here are too scared to be different! (and we know by now that nothing that grows in beer can kill ya.......(yawn!!)

or call it "MUTANT MOFO" :cross:

What kinda yeast was it to begin with? Take some samples and send them out, I'd brew with it. Why not?

Pics please!

Sounds like you could take a shower with it and then pitch.

Use it to flub your monkey, then let it eat on your beans juice, and use that to ferment a brew

It's rogue yeast man, you got to make the most of it and add your own flavor to it....so to speak

mmmmmmmm.........gives a whole new meaning to "off flavors" ..........in now hurry to find out how that tasts!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations, you've discovered Fuligo s.
Aka Slime Mold or Dog Vomit fungus...

fuligo2a.jpg

http://waynesword.palomar.edu/slime1.htm

p.s. I hear they can crawl, purportedly the inspiration for the blob movies!
I mean the slime mold, not the monkeys or beans (you sick puppy).

(Hah, Plasmodium. Sounds like a hipster bar where they only serve flavored vodkas)

- M

I have tried but unsuccesfully to load a pic from my iphone thru the app, but theres a problem
Says connection error, cannot allocate memory:(

78kombi said:
I have tried but unsuccesfully to load a pic from my iphone thru the app, but theres a problem
Says connection error, cannot allocate memory:(

Oh and it does not look like that ugly vomit thing. Its yeast, anyone with some lab gear want a sample?

Rip said:
Congratulations, you've discovered Fuligo s.
Aka Slime Mold or Dog Vomit fungus...

http://waynesword.palomar.edu/slime1.htm

p.s. I hear they can crawl, purportedly the inspiration for the blob movies!
I mean the slime mold, not the monkeys or beans (you sick puppy).

(Hah, Plasmodium. Sounds like a hipster bar where they only serve flavored vodkas)

- M

Its not that.

maybe the dog vomited on the phone-camera, and that caused the distortion of the video making it appear it crawled up on the porch?

Back