The Winemaker Shop in Ft. Worth - Out of business?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phissionkorps

Reaction score
I was going to take a trip down there, but the google maps street view for that address shows an oil derrick and a barren field, and the phone rings and rings with no answering machine or anything. Is this shop still open? It's not exactly close so I don't want to go all the way down there for no reason

Got to homebrewhq in Richardson....MUCH better service and ingredients. I know it is a bit of a drive though.

www.homebrewhq.com

They are on Coit just south of Arapaho

Yeah I was planning on going there in a few mins (gotta get there and back before the damn Friday traffic), but was hoping on something a little closer. I'll probably have to make the trip out to Homebrew HQ though. Thanks for the info about ingredients and service. I had heard The Winemaker Shop was a bit lacking in variety/quality of extracts.

Several other brewers I know have sworn that place off. We all use hbhq. Kelly, Andy, Chris and Matt know their stuff. Also if you are a member of NTHBA you get a 10% discount if you bring your membership card.

Not yet. I just found the website about 10 minutes ago. I've only been in Ft. Worth for about a month (just started medical school). I'm a transplant from Lubbock.

Several other brewers I know have sworn that place off. We all use hbhq. Kelly, Andy, Chris and Matt know their stuff. Also if you are a member of NTHBA you get a 10% discount if you bring your membership card.

They are definitely a great bunch of guys that will help you out in anyway. I'm glad they are all part of the same club I am in and if you shop there enough the 10% will pay for its self shortly.

NTHBA? I want a 10% discount!

Yeah, HBHQ is the best.

You are looking north in Google Maps Street View. Turn around and look south. Exit Campus, drive along the eastbound service road until you are near the end of the row of shops. Winemaker Shop is on your right. They were open and well-stocked a couple of weeks ago.

Back