The Walking dead

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol, I'm thinking I might just wait to buy the season when it comes out to dvd.

I strongly recomend streaming. I own seasons 1,2, and 3 on amazon and it will never get scratched. Netflix has it too. Even if those sites went bust (not likely) then somebody would stream it.

Projectfreetv we watch it on Monday nights, laptop to tv . Not high def, but watchable

The last episode was actually available on AMC's website with great quality. Not sure if they will continue that or not but that is how i watched it. I used projectfreetv for the beginning of the season though. Only had one issue with it.

Time to kill Rick. He is an annoying prat. That won't happen though. :(

If this show took any ques from Game of Thrones they would have no qualms with killing off Rick. That said however I feel like Rick's story will be one of redemption. He will fall (is already falling) and fall hard before rising up to become the competent leader again. And then maybe he'll get eaten. :ban:

Sure. That's how most people die in the show. Undramatic

No way, he's going out in a blaze of glory. First he will restore order by killing the Gov and then he will save everyone in the group by distracting a herd of zombies. Three will rip his left arm off and he'll continue shooting. Heads explode. Five more will pull his legs off and he will continue shooting. Cut to a camera shot from the back of a zombie through which a large hole explodes exposing a shot of Rick with his beast of a gun. A pair of zombies (maybe one is someone we know) will start tearing his intestines out and in his dying breath with his one remaining appendage and somehow still loaded gun he will shoot the remaining zombies and then fire one more shot at Andrea, blasting her head off before whispering "no one likes you....." upon which he will die, the show will cut to credits and never come back on.

Sorry if I ruined the series finale for you. :mug:

No way, he's going out in a blaze of glory. First he will restore order by killing the Gov and then he will save everyone in the group by distracting a herd of zombies. Three will rip his left arm off and he'll continue shooting. Heads explode. Five more will pull his legs off and he will continue shooting. Cut to a camera shot from the back of a zombie through which a large hole explodes exposing a shot of Rick with his beast of a gun. A pair of zombies (maybe one is someone we know) will start tearing his intestines out and in his dying breath with his one remaining appendage and somehow still loaded gun he will shoot the remaining zombies and then fire one more shot at Andrea, blasting her head off before whispering "no one likes you....." upon which he will die, the show will cut to credits and never come back on.

2642180-rudy.gif

It actually was reported on the news here, and that FOUR different emergency broadcast systems were so hacked. Sure, it's a really thing to fake in a YouTube video, and normally I'd be extremely skeptical, but all indications are that this actually happened.

Rick is the main character. Remember this based off of a comic book. It's all about Ricks struggle with humanity. There is no show without rick. He's in to end.

Rick is the main character. Remember this based off of a comic book. It's all about Ricks struggle with humanity. There is no show without rick. He's in to end.

I realize that and I haven't read the comic books but aren't they almost out of story line based off the comics? Are they still writing these? I'm only asking because I thought about buying the anthologies and there were only two of them and it seemed the second one concluded with the confrontation with the Governor which is where we are now in the show. Again, I didn't read them and have no idea how many there are or how far they go but that was my impression from glancing at them.

If that is true (which it may well not be) they have to start making new stuff sooner if they wish to continue the show. Why not kill Rick? Just playing devil advocate, I don't actually think they should kill him. Although if they do I think it should happen the way I wrote it :rockin:

They just released the 2nd Omnibus. The 1st omnibus is going to be seasons 1-4. They conceivably have at least 3 more seasons just with Omnibus material, and the comic is still being written.

If you'd like to see where in the future the 1st omnibus ends you can Google it. I don't want to spoil the show.

I have a feeling AMC will redeem themselves this Sunday for the trashy mid season premiere episode. They can't afford two crappy episodes back to back at the start of a new consecutive series of episodes.

I have a feeling AMC will redeem themselves this Sunday for the trashy mid season premiere episode. They can't afford two crappy episodes back to back at the start of a new consecutive series of episodes.

It's not like they can change that episode once the previous one aired. If followed crap it probably continue with crap.

You guys are hilarious. This is a SERIES, and they have to continue to build plot lines. It can't be ALL gore... :rolleyes:

images

I think they'll keep Rick around, but as he keeps losing his grip on reality, someone else will become the leader. It's already starting to happen, with Carl taking over as "man of the house" at the prison when Rick's out in the field or having one of his episodes.

I really doubt the producers are going to keep Daryl and Merle off on their own for long. I wonder how they're going to hook them back up with the main group.

images

I think they'll keep Rick around, but as he keeps losing his grip on reality, someone else will become the leader. It's already starting to happen, with Carl taking over as "man of the house" at the prison when Rick's out in the field or having one of his episodes.

I really doubt the producers are going to keep Daryl and Merle off on their own for long. I wonder how they're going to hook them back up with the main group.

Glenn will have to step up and be leader.

and I don't think Merle is going to make it. he'll be Walker Chow before season's end and Daryl will come back to the group. maybe in the episode tonight and he'll arrive in time to turn the tide against the Gov's attack

or they'll lost track of Merle like the first season and his survival will be in doubt again

The track they're going down is to convince the group that Rick is on a post-traumatic stress craze and no longer fit to be leader. A committee of leadership is most likely to start taking over all of the big decisions in the next few episodes to come. Perhaps Hershel, Glenn, and Michonne (or Andrea)??

By the time Daryl returns, maybe he will boot Rick in the ass so he can finally step up to the plate again as leader.

New leader? I think Carl will get bitten repeatedly, and they have to keep amputating bits of him until only his head is left. They keep it in a box in a maximum security cell, where his brain controls the actions of the group via telepathy. Rick dies of a severe paper cut.

New leader? I think Carl will get bitten repeatedly, and they have to keep amputating bits of him until only his head is left. They keep it in a box in a maximum security cell, where his brain controls the actions of the group via telepathy. Rick dies of a severe paper cut.

I agree with this post, except dies after chewing off an annoying hangnail and it bleeds and gets infected, turning him into a zombie.

I'm seeing a pattern of 90% boring episode, followed by a shocker that makes you say, "oh ****". They have to kick it into high gear again, and soon.

I'm seeing a pattern of 90% boring episode, followed by a shocker that makes you say, "oh ****". They have to kick it into high gear again, and soon.

Kinda true. The 2nd season trudged along and then HOLY **** LOOK WHO JUST STUMBLED OUT OF THE BARN.

Ya know........Jaws trudged along for like 4.5 hours before the action kicked in.....is that so bad? It is an undisputed masterful suspense formula.

Not serious. In an hour long weekly show, each show has to generate it's own interest and contribute to the bigger picture.

Ya know........Jaws trudged along for like 4.5 hours before the action kicked in.....is that so bad? It is an undisputed masterful suspense formula.

Not serious. In an hour long weekly show, each show has to generate it's own interest and contribute to the bigger picture.

SPOILER ALERT!!!!!

I don't watch it for the zombie slaying. It seems though that some episodes lack dynamics in all areas. No real character, plot, action development. I thought the last episode was OK. Sad to see the redneck get it. He could have become interesting.

I think this episode might have been the best of the season. As per usual though I have so many questions for where it will go! And reading the comics doesn't help in the least any more save for minor character plots.

Yeah I don't watch it for the zombie slaying either. Or at least I don't watch it for -only- the zombie slaying :p But yeah a lot of episodes have been slow. Season two really dragged. It could have been around 4-5 episodes and it probably would have been way better. I know the pace can't be the same as the comics, but they should try to keep some of that spirit I think. I mostly enjoyed this past episode though.

Back