The Walking dead

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CGVT said:
LOL

The first post in the thread was:

To be fair, anyone that says they thought that this thread was about the comics is being purposely obtuse.

Carry on.

I'm not saying it was created with that in mind, I'm just saying that discussing the source work for a tv show should be perfectly valid in a thread, as long as care is taken to avoid spoilers.

And I wasn't being purposely obtuse, I honestly expected a lot more people to have read them.

Really? Who the hell reads comic books? ;)

Regardless, discussion after the fact as in "in the book he didn't die like that, he was killed by...) is a lot different than disclosing who died in the comic books before the event happens. Apparently the show is following the books to some extent. Discussing upcoming events as they happened in the books before that point in the TV show discloses things that many of us don't want a heads up on. If we did, we'd probably read the comic books...

CGVT said:
Really? Who the hell reads comic books? ;)

Regardless, discussion after the fact as in "in the book he didn't die like that, he was killed by...) is a lot different than disclosing who died in the comic books before the event happens. Apparently the show is following the books to some extent. Discussing upcoming events as they happened in the books before that point in the TV show discloses things that many of us don't want a heads up on. If we did, we'd probably read the comic books...

I totally agree with you, and have tried very hard to avoid real spoilers. I'm just trying to say there is room in the thread for both comic readers and show viewers. The people I really feel sorry for are the DVRers :mug:

And FWIW, not every comic book is a campy superhero story. There are some really awesome graphic novels and comic series written for adults that are pretty deep and worth a read. Happy to make some recommendations ;)

I don't know. There certainly were a lot of posts about the prison and Michonne and the Governor before any of them showed up in the TV show...

Graphic novel? A rose by any other name...;)

BTW, I DVR it, but I know better than to open this thread until after I have seen the show

CGVT said:
I don't know. There certainly were a lot of posts about the prison and Michonne and the Governor before any of them showed up in the TV show...

Graphic novel? A rose by any other name...;)

BTW, I DVR it, but I know better than to open this thread until after I have seen the show

I'm just as happy saying comic book, but typically comic books are short, serial publications and graphic novels are just that, novels. But yeah call it whatever you want, I don't care. Either way there is some good stuff out there, and like film, books, etc there are certain strengths they have and things they do better/worse than other forms of media.

After getting into the TV show I did go out and read the comics.

Folks are right, some of the events in the TV show are telegraphed by the comics and there are some very significant deviations from the comics. Good balance all the way around.

That being said, I would never post something I learned from the comics in this thread. This thread is obviously for people who are enjoying the show and throwing out details before they happen only serves to dampen the joy of discovery. If you throw out spoilers you're either socially defective or you have an inate need to say "I told you so" (see: socially defective).

As for the comics - TWD are definitely graphic novels with the emphasis on GRAPHIC. There was so much sex and so many 'C' words dropped in the comics that I had to throw it on the top shelf of the library to keep it away from my 12 year old. I'm no prude, but holy cow...

I'm just as happy saying comic book, but typically comic books are short, serial publications and graphic novels are just that, novels. But yeah call it whatever you want, I don't care. Either way there is some good stuff out there, and like film, books, etc there are certain strengths they have and things they do better/worse than other forms of media.

I know. I'm just yanking your chain a bit.:mug:

Revvys right, arguing on the internets like running in the specail olympics even if you win, your still retarded.
If that puckered your pucker hole then unpucker it and relax.

Btw I know some of the who reads comic posts were tounge in cheek, but apparently enough people for it to be a multi million dallor a year industry. Every state has is own comiccon. Movies and T.V. shows are being made about them. :D

Now lets add to that your gonna get mad because I said a baby prolly eont make it to the end of the season...really? It's a world without modern medicine, powder formula good sanitation or disposable daipers. Cmon be realistic, it has as much chance as one legged hershel in an ass kicking contest. :D

CGVT said:
I know. I'm just yanking your chain a bit.:mug:

Sorry. Text and all that. See now if you had comic booked your post I could have seen your facial expressions! :drunk:

Any who. Back to Zombie stuff. Very interested to see how they develop Rick now, as the circumstances of Lori's death are pretty different... And obviously a big character development point for the character.

Also... Darryl vs Meryl. I hope it happens. Mano a Knifeo

Revvys right, arguing on the internets like running in the specail olympics even if you win, your still retarded.
If that puckered your pucker hole then unpucker it and relax.

Btw I know some of the who reads comic posts were tounge in cheek, but apparently enough people for it to be a multi million dallor a year industry. Every state has is own comiccon. Movies and T.V. shows are being made about them. :D

Now lets add to that your gonna get mad because I said a baby prolly eont make it to the end of the season...really? It's a world without modern medicine, powder formula good sanitation or disposable daipers. Cmon be realistic, it has as much chance as one legged hershel in an ass kicking contest. :D

Now your logic makes perfect sense... How could any child have ever survived without powdered formula and disposable diapers :drunk:
No way you could have come to that conclusion by reading the books that parallel the show.

I bet that in school you read ahead just so you could let everyone in class know what was coming the following week :D

rifraf said:
I totally agree with you, and have tried very hard to avoid real spoilers. I'm just trying to say there is room in the thread for both comic readers and show viewers. The people I really feel sorry for are the DVRers :mug:

And FWIW, not every comic book is a campy superhero story. There are some really awesome graphic novels and comic series written for adults that are pretty deep and worth a read. Happy to make some recommendations ;)

I've got a few I'd like to read and I've enjoyed some manga here and there.

On topic, I hope we see Daryl beat Merle's ass. That'd be great to watch.

HoppyDaze said:
So the zombies weren't attacking Machone because she was covered in zombie blood or because she has super voodoo magical zombie taming powers

It's the zombie gut smell.
They covered that effect in season one.
Her zombie taming power was from cutting the arms and lower jaw off of her pack mule zombies.

Now your logic makes perfect sense... How could any child have ever survived without powdered formula and disposable diapers :drunk:
No way you could have come to that conclusion by reading the books that parallel the show.

I bet that in school you read ahead just so you could let everyone in class know what was coming the following week :D

In reality, alot of the didnt. Go back three or four generations [pre electricity and modern medicine] and its not uncommon for 50% of a families children to die young. Nor was it uncommon for a woman to die during childbirth.
The powdered formula comment stems more from Lori the mother being dead and not having any milk but scavenged formula.
The disposable daipers from the fact that without electricity or proper equipment it'd be awful hard to wash daipers.

That brings up another point Where are they pooping and who's mowing the grass?

No more Brazilian waxes either. Imagine that for a sec... Aside from Michonne. She's good with a katana.

I'm sure they can figure out some way to clean undergarments somewhat.. or else they'd already have some nasty infections.

HOLY CRAP.. I have stumbled upon the cure on accident! As long as you keep your undies clean, you will be immune to the zombie infection.

***I give Laughing Gnome a small percentage of this extraordinarily awesome finding, as he pointed out my genius before I could even notice.***

PagodaBrewingCo said:
That makes sense. I just assumed it was a meatlocker full of year old rancid meat. Hence the horrified faces when it got opened.

Lol I was pretty sure it was a 10 month old poop-room.

I
That brings up another point Where are they pooping and who's mowing the grass?

For the grass - Lauren Cohan (Maggie) busts out her boobs on Conan and discusses the grass. Starts at the 1:00 mark of this video:
http://teamcoco.com/video/lauren-cohan-has-an-intense-kill-face

Bonus link of her butt shot.
http://forums.superiorpics.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/3024007/Lauren_Cohan_Van_Wilder_2_butt

Also did not realize until looking up this stuff that she was Bella in Supernatural. If Merle kills Maggie I will not be pleased.

In many shows, due to my short attention span I tend to forget the names of the characters. My brain refers to her as "The one I would definitely bang"

Laughing_Gnome_Invisible said:
In many shows, due to my short attention span I tend to forget the names of the characters. My brain refers to her as "The one I would definitely bang"

Oh yeah... :)

who else some pretty epic kills and glens a badass.. but filler episode. Setting up for next weeks midseason finale

I don't understand Michonne's motive for going on the raid of the town. Revenge? Doesn't seem like it would be worth it. It can't be to get a glimpse of Maggie's boobs. How could she have known?

I hope they cover themselves in walker blood and take that mob from the house with them. That would be awesome.

Do you think Hershel will get a pegleg? Awesome, too.

Back